The celebration began the Friday before with a surprise evening out. I've always thought I was the best "bullshitter" around, but apparently I was mistaken because Jackie knew almost all the surprises, including Lydia's arrival!
One thing she didn't know about were cupcakes from our very favorite bakery.
![]() |
| Insanely delicious |
![]() |
| Love these two |
On Jackie's actual birthday we had a celebration at my parents house. It comes as no surprise that she chose Mexican for her birthday dinner. My dad has perfected it and it was so good.
I volunteered to make the cake this year. Jackie requested cream cheese icing and white cake, but thought it might be too boring. She also said she didn't hate chocolate, but didn't want an all chocolate cake.
What did I do? Decided to make the tallest cake ever!
I layered it vanilla, chocolate, vanilla, chocolate. I saw the rose design on Pinterest and decided to try it out. Yes, it's a little sloppy, but I was still proud.
![]() |
| ...Happy Birthday dear Jackie... |
The cake might have been pretty, but it was in no way sturdy...
![]() |
| So far, so good. |
![]() |
| It split right in half! |
![]() |
| Wammy. |
Happy birthday J, hope it was wonderful!
Scatter Joy,









yay cakes! and YAY pretty cakes!
ReplyDelete