My sister, Jackie, and I decided to do another joint post because we were once again attached at the hip for the past week and a half.
You can find her blog here.
Here we go....
Saturday:
Nick, Nick, (it would be so much easier if they had different names!) Jackie, and I loaded up the car and headed out to Myrtle Beach! Jackie and I packed sandwiches, chips, pop, and trail mix for the car ride down. It was delicious.
Sunday:
We planned to stop for the night after about 6 hours of driving, but instead drove straight through and arrived in MB at 5am. We were exhausted and just needed somewhere to sleep. We finally found the cheapest, but not creepy, hotel we could find. After a quick 4 hour power nap (and the most amazing waffles ever) we headed to the beach!
The weather was perfect.
Soon after, the rest of the family (Mom, Dad, older sister, brother-in-law, and two nephews) arrived. We kept it low key and spent the rest of the night unpacking, eating pizza, and enjoying our condo, especially the ocean view from the 15th floor!
Monday:
The day started off chilly so we headed down to the enclosed lazy river, swimming pool, and hot tub. Shane and Nate both loved the water, but maybe not as much as my Dad who was jumping and diving into the pool like a little kid.
For lunch we ate at a hot dog place, Dad's pick of course. Then browsed a few local shops. Finally, we split up. The girls went to the grocery store, while the boys headed to the liquor store. They could barely carry their loot out the door, ha!
We actually got some beach time in too because the sun finally decided to come out.
That night we had our big "Family Dinner." We made (or thawed and baked) lasagna, salad, and garlic bread. And lots of good drinks too. After dinner we headed out to the beach with some glow sticks. 
Tuesday:
We went to the beach all day.
For dinner we headed to a nearby town that my parents had discovered earlier in the day. We started at Drunken Jacks for drinks and appetizers and finished at Spuds for dinner. The place was really cool with the boardwalk and boats everywhere.

For dinner we headed to a nearby town that my parents had discovered earlier in the day. We started at Drunken Jacks for drinks and appetizers and finished at Spuds for dinner. The place was really cool with the boardwalk and boats everywhere.
Wednesday:
We started the day with an early game of golf (just a Par 3). I totally surprised myself with how awesome I did (even though I came in 2nd the last place). The final standings were: in 1st place, Chris, then Dad, Nick, Nick, Annie, and finally Jackie.
The weather was not on our side and it stayed gloomy all day. Nick and Jackie headed to the outlets. Nick, Mom, and I played a game of scrabble.
Later, we all headed to Broadway at the Beach. We walked around for a bit, then ate dinner at The Brick Oven (we think). It was another delicious dinner all around.
Thursday:
My sisters and I took my Dad out for an extremely late Father's Day breakfast. Shane tagged along too of course because the boy cannot get enough pancakes.
It was another beautiful beach day.
That evening we got dressed up and headed down to the beach for some family photos.
After the photo shoot we headed to Barefoot Landing for more shopping, sightseeing, and eventually dinner at TBonez Gill and Grill. The Nicks were happy because we sat right in front of two TVs showing college football.
Friday:
Our Mom and Dad left early that morning to head back home.
While everyone else was at the pools, Nick and I went horseback riding. My horse's name was Dillon and Nick's was Dan. It was heaven!
We all met up on the beach for the rest of the afternoon. That night, Jackie, the Nicks, and I went to Senor Frogs. We all got fajitas. All and all, a good night.
Saturday:
All of us sisters and nephews went putt putting at the very best course ever! It had animals, fountains, and even a scenic view of Myrtle Beach. Plus, the nicest workers who gave us a discount!
It was the best beach day yet! The sun was glorious and the water was heaven. It was hard to drag ourselves off the sand that night. To top it off, our Buckeyes won their season opener against Navy.
After a quick trip to the outlet mall, Jackie, the Nicks and I went to River City Cafe for dinner.
Sunday:
After going to the beach one last time we packed up and headed back home. About three hours in we made a stop at the Berry Patch in North Carolina for some peaches. The homemade strawberry ice cream was also very yummy! Finally at about 9pm that night we were home sweet home!
Our vacation was awesome and we are incredibly sad that it is over! Shane and Nate loved the beach and ocean so much more than anyone expected. Shane can't stop talking about putt putt and the lazy river. And my Dad finally was able to go on a vacation after 15 years!
Our favorite random memories that nobody will understand are: "I like your tomatoes!", the pigeon walk, the Gorilla and Banana Boat, endless word searches, Pedro's Land, and "Will you live free?"
When can we go back?!

What a fun vaca!! You have some amazing pics!!!
ReplyDeletegreat pictures! it looks like you had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome vacation! Great pictures like always!
ReplyDeleteAwwww lady! Looks like an amazing time! I am SO jealous of your horseback ride... I'm assuming it was on the beach? Don't laugh but that is seriously on my list of things to do before I die.
ReplyDeleteI'm having a giveaway that ends tomorrow night and I'd love for you to enter if you're interested! XOXO
So exciting you guys were in my neck of the woods! I used to work at Spud's! I'm glad you guys had fun - you certainly were all over the place. It's not often people come to visit & venture from Murrells Inlet up to North Myrtle. I hate that the weather was so crappy for you guys - as soon as September hit, the weather started sucking it up. And I didn't even know you could ride horses around here - learn something new..
ReplyDelete