Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reflections

Whilst driving in the car eating a delicious ice cream sammy, I heard a song on radio that really spoke to me. Here are the lyrics:


You’re gonna miss this

You’re gonna want this back

You’re gonna wish these days hadn’t gone by so fast

These are some good times

So take a good look around

You may not know it now

But you’re gonna miss this


Great song, right?


I sometimes complain about this “in-between” stage of my life. This is the first time in my life I don’t have a “label,” per say. I am no longer a “College student” and I am not yet a “Wife” or a “Mother.” So what does that make me? How’s this...I am a, “24-year-old-college-grad-who-is-on-her-second-year-of-a-job-she-adores-but-seriously-wishes-she-made-more-money-so-she-could-stop-living-off-of-Easy-Mac-and-tortilla-chips.” Yes, I think that label fits just right.


So, lately I’ve been throwing myself an internal pity party. I heard the song and it was like a punch in the face that screamed, “Don’t wish these days away!”


And so I will not.


I will relish in the Easy Mac and tortilla chips and share with you several reasons why I love this oh so amazing “In-between” stage of my life.



What I LOVE about my life RIGHT this second:


I love being 24. I feel old enough to be taken seriously, but still young enough to be irresponsible when I want.


I love spending time with my nephews, all the while knowing they are not my kids and I can just pass them off to my sister at the end of the day.


I love that I don’t have to pay for my cell phone bill because I am still on my parent’s family plan. Thanks M&D :)


I love that I am living in a brand new apartment with one of the coolest girls ever as my roommate. And I love the area where we live. The energy in this neighborhood makes me feel determined and alive.


I love that I can drink without getting a hangover. And that I can dominate the world with my beer pong skills.


I love that Nick and I are young enough to have fun and enjoy spending time with each other without having to be weighed down with a million responsibilities.


I love that I consider my family members my best friends. We have always been close, but now that the crazy hormonal years are over I feel like we are all even closer. We actually spend time with each other by choice.


I love that I grocery shop like a 12 year old and buy fruit snacks, Lucky Charms and rainbow sherbet.


I love that I have ridiculous amounts of possibilities in front of me. The future is looking pretty damn bright and I can’t wait to see how the next several chapters are written.



The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. ~Benjamin Franklin



1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you! I have the same grass is greener syndrome. And one thing I miss about being single? Eating junk for dinner. My husband won't let that fly & I miss it!

    ReplyDelete