Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Bug

Well, I think I am officially over my veggie kick. Puking up baby carrots for 4 hours straight really killed the love for me.

I have the stomach flu. And. Its. Miserable.

At what point in your life do you stop needing your mom when you're sick? I'm 25 and not afraid to admit that the moment it all started all I wanted was for her to be at my apartment with me. And being the wonderful momma she is, she stopped by after work to bring me: 7up, saltines, a Get Well card, bagels, and a St. Nicholas gift. She is the best.

Not long after she left Nick stopped by for a surprise visit with Panera in hand. Unfortunately all the food went into the fridge because I couldn't even think about eating at that point. But, it was still nice to see him for a bit.

Earlier today (Day Two of the Bug) Jackie called and told me to open my front door. This is what I saw...


Those Dino fruit snacks are literally my favorite food in the entire world and when I saw them I gagged. Not a good sign. But, how awesome is that sister of mine? 

This afternoon Lydia called me and told me that she had the stomach flu too! Not fun.

So, this all started at 2am on Wednesday and at this point the worst is definitely over. I have to thank Erin for being such a good roommate and picking up soup today for me. Not to mention hanging out with me and my germs. I am crossing my fingers that she doesn't get it. 

So, to sum it all up...

I hate the stomach flu.
I adore the people in my life.
I cannot wait to feel good enough to eat those fruit snacks. 

Lyd, I hope you feel better soon

Scatter Joy, 

No comments:

Post a Comment