Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lunch with Herbie

I have an exciting story to share about work on Friday afternoon:

It was proving to be another mind-numbing shift of serving iced teas and lunch bowls and I was counting down the hours until I could go home. However, all of that thinking changed when, to my surprise, I saw Kirk Herbstreit, in all his glory, sitting at MY booth. I'm not gonna lie, I was definitely star struck. I stumbled over my words and could not remember for the life of me what our salmon was called. Luckily I recovered quickly and gave pretty great service if I do say so myself.

I've concluded I love Kirk for three reasons:

1. He is a genuinely good guy. In my full hour of knowing him he was extremely polite and said lots of pleases and thank yous.

2. The guy is beautiful. He really should be in the top five on People's 100 Most Beautiful List. And trust me, the TVs do not do him justice!

3. He's a Buckeye. I do not need more reason than that!



So, thank you, Mr. Herbstreit, for turning an ordinary lunch shift into something worth talking about!


1 comment:

  1. So you've had Krenzel and now Herbie, you need Tressel and maybe Andy Groom to come in =)

    ReplyDelete