Thursday, June 25, 2009

Birthday Recap

I need sleep badly so this can't be too long, but I just wanted to do a quick birthday recap.

Yesterday was my birthday! Of course I'm biased, but I really do think June is the best birthday month ever!

Unfortunately, I was being such a bum about it this year because this is the first birthday I've had with a real job. In previous years I would just request off because it really wouldn't matter. But, this year I finally realized a birthday is just another day.

But, it actually turned out really great and that is 100% in thanks to my amazing family and boyfriend!

As I was getting ready to leave work, Jackie walked into my classroom with two big plates full of funfetti cookies (my favorites)! I was so surprised to see her and my kiddos just loved the cookies! It definitely made my day.

After work, Nick and I went to get my camera! It was love at first sight, ha ha. I didn't have time to get it out of the box until today and let me just tell you....it is going to take me about ten years for me to read through the manual and figure out how to work it. I couldn't even figure out how to put the strap on! Oh, well. It will be fun to figure everything out.

After the camera shopping, Nick and I met my parents and Jackie at Mongolian BBQ for dinner. They made me sing and dance to I'm a Little Teapot in front of the whole restaurant! That part was embarrassing, but the food was delicious!

Jackie is dog-sitting for a family she babysits for, so I went with her to help after dinner. The two dogs are super cute, but something kind of creepy happened before we left. I'm gonna let Jackie tell the story her blog, cause she was more of a witness to it.

I ended my birthday at Jackie and Lydia's.

Overall, it was a pretty amazing day. I had really low expectations, but it turned out so much better than I thought. So, a big Thank You to anyone in my family or friends who read this blog!

I have a feeling I'm going to like 23. Hopefully it's my best year yet!

This weekend is busy busy busy. Erin is coming into town tomorrow, then Lydia's grad party is Saturday. Should be a great time!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Well Happy late Birthday!!! So, a new camera?? YEAH!! What kind did you get? I am glad you had a great day, and hoprfully a great year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a fun birthday! And congrats on the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for awesome birthdays! You're gonna have so much fun with your new camera :-) Have a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a wonderful bday! HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :)
    Have a great weekend! Test out the new camera! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I'm sure it will be a great year for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great Birthday!

    ReplyDelete