I am finished with school. I had my last photography critique this morning. All of my finals are complete. The only step between me and graduation is the actual ceremony, which isn't until Sunday.
As I was walking on campus today I tried to look around and take everything in. I cannot believe I am done. It is such a mix of emotions. Of course I am ecstatic! It's been a long five years of college and I am ready to get out there in the real world. But then, I find myself completely terrified. Not because of the real world, but because I feel like time is going by too fast. And I know it's only going to get worse.
I know in the grand scheme of things I am still young. Really young. But, I just want to slow everything down and press pause for awhile. I'm going to be 50 before I know it. Scary.
Ok, ok. Enough of that! I want to blog about some random things now.
#1. I am going through a name identity crisis! No joke.
My real name is Anna, but ever since I was a baby my family has called me Annie. All throughout grade school and high school, and even my first couple years of college, I stuck with Annie. But then, I decided I wanted to be Anna because I thought it sounded more grown up and professional. When I met Nick, I introduced myself as Anna, so that's what he knows me as. At the restaurant I am Anna. At the preschool though, I am Annie, because my sister got me the job and had already told everyone my name.
So now it feels like I'm leading a double life! Whenever I meet someone new I have to think of the people I'm around before I say my name. I've messed up a lot too. I'll say, "I'm Anna. No wait, I'm Annie."
Seriously, it's confusing. I don't prefer one over the other, so I just don't know what to do about it.
#2. My last photography project was all about flowers. Here are some of my pictures.
I know in the grand scheme of things I am still young. Really young. But, I just want to slow everything down and press pause for awhile. I'm going to be 50 before I know it. Scary.
Ok, ok. Enough of that! I want to blog about some random things now.
#1. I am going through a name identity crisis! No joke.
My real name is Anna, but ever since I was a baby my family has called me Annie. All throughout grade school and high school, and even my first couple years of college, I stuck with Annie. But then, I decided I wanted to be Anna because I thought it sounded more grown up and professional. When I met Nick, I introduced myself as Anna, so that's what he knows me as. At the restaurant I am Anna. At the preschool though, I am Annie, because my sister got me the job and had already told everyone my name.
So now it feels like I'm leading a double life! Whenever I meet someone new I have to think of the people I'm around before I say my name. I've messed up a lot too. I'll say, "I'm Anna. No wait, I'm Annie."
Seriously, it's confusing. I don't prefer one over the other, so I just don't know what to do about it.
#2. My last photography project was all about flowers. Here are some of my pictures.
#3. I have always been an emotional person, but lately it's gotten out of control. I think it's just because I'm graduating and stressing out a lot, but I have been crying all the time. Yesterday I was watching Full House. It was the one where Aunt Becky helps Michelle build a car for the race. Well, when Michelle won the race I totally lost it.
Then, last night I went to get my flower pictures printed, and they looked terrible. So, I asked the guy to reprint them, and they still looked bad. Well, this started a whole big thing and I was at the place for over an hour, and I had to make all these returns and they kept my pictures. After I left I made it all the way to my car, then as soon as the door slammed shut, I burst into tears. Oh, man.
#4. Jackie and Lydia moved into their new apartment a couple weeks ago. It is so cute. They are both super creative with decorating and so far, the place looks great.
We started a tradition called, "Bachelorette Wednesdays." So much fun.
They had their first big get-together this past weekend. Here's one of the only pictures I took.
Then, last night I went to get my flower pictures printed, and they looked terrible. So, I asked the guy to reprint them, and they still looked bad. Well, this started a whole big thing and I was at the place for over an hour, and I had to make all these returns and they kept my pictures. After I left I made it all the way to my car, then as soon as the door slammed shut, I burst into tears. Oh, man.
#4. Jackie and Lydia moved into their new apartment a couple weeks ago. It is so cute. They are both super creative with decorating and so far, the place looks great.
We started a tradition called, "Bachelorette Wednesdays." So much fun.
They had their first big get-together this past weekend. Here's one of the only pictures I took.
#5. This is one of the biggest changes in my life right now, so I don't know why its not #1 on my list, but oh well.
I have a job.
My boss at the childcare center offered me a full time position in one of the toddler rooms. I am used to my preschoolers so its going to be a change, but I am really excited for it. I start the day after graduation.
I am so thankful to have a job lined up before I even graduate. Yeah, I won't be making a lot of money there, but it is still I job that I love. I've seen the struggles Jackie has gone through in trying to find a job, so I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. And actually, I owe it all to Jackie, because she got me a job in the preschool room a year and a half ago. So, THANK YOU Jakes!
There it is friends. My incredibly long update. If you made it the whole way through, I am impressed.
(or Annie)
Good luck with everything!! Congrats on the job and graduating!! Really love reading your blog!!
ReplyDeleteTime does go by too fast, so cherish each moment right now. I think the flower pictures are very nice!! Too bad you couldn't get them to print good. I wish I had a Bachelorette Wednesday but I guess I would have to be a bachelorette to have one huh?? Sounds like fun. Awesome on your new full time job. It sounds like you really enjoy it. I wish you lived by me, I would take my kids to your class any day.
ReplyDeleteThe name thing made me laugh cause at first when Jackie called you Annie on her blog, I would get confused and not know what to call you. And I guess I still don't haha!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finishing school and getting a job! Super excited for you! LOVE the flower pictures, thanks for sharing them.
Congrats on finishing school!!! I remember when I graduated, I cried ALL. THE. FREAKING. TIME. No joke. I thought something was wrong w me. It's such a scary and exciting thing. It's a big change!! I'll be 25 in 6mo...WHAT?! I felt like I just turned 18!!! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI love the flower pictures..sooo pretty!! I love flowers :)
The camera I have is a Canon Rebel T1i. It just came out last month. I like it because it will do all I need for now and it's not super duper expensive. I did some research and it was between the one I got and the Canon 40D or 50D which are really nice cameras. I just decided that since this is my first I would get something that I could afford and then save up and get new lenses...that's the real kicker. Good luck with getting a your new camera.
ReplyDeleteeww! gross pic of me sister!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the JOB! and I'm getting excited for this week's festivities beginning tonight! See ya later! :)
ReplyDeleteThe flower pics are great, that stinks they didn't print well.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on graduating and the full time job! I used to work at a daycare, many years ago, I LOVED IT!! The days fly by and kids are so much fun to work with.
p.s. now i'll be following you! hehe ;)
Anna, I know the feeling. Life gets rough and then it gets rougher. And then, it gets better, a lot better :)
ReplyDeleteAnd the second thing, on behalf of football (and me being a Gator fan), You're probably right (about us not getting along otherwise) haha. But a little rivalry never hurt anyone ;) Oh, and did ya hear they're saying its going to be Ohio vs. Florida at BCS? I hope! I have cousins in Ohio and that was such a fun tailgating game :)