Sunday, July 10, 2011

Let the Recapping Begin!

Oh, hey blog! Haven't seen you in 45 days! And what a wonderful 45 days they were. I've got a recap a day coming at you, starting with...

My Second Half Marathon!

The date was May 7, 2011 and the weather was perfect. You know what else was perfect? The fact that I took ten minutes off my previous time! More on that in a bit.

The night before I set out all my stuff then tried to get some sleep.


I woke up feeling confident and ready to run 13.1 miles! Jackie, Erin and I made our way downtown to the starting line then, off we went!


I love that I had my Garmin so I could check my pace as I went. I tried to stay under a 10 minute mile the entire time. I found my groove right away and felt great the entire time.

I saw the "The Nicks" around mile 7, which definitely lifted my spirits and reenergized me.

Before I knew it I was turning the corner to the finish line. I heard someone yell my name during the final dash and looked up to see my dad!

Crossing the finish line was one of the best feelings in the world. My final time was 2 hours 8 minutes...a whole 10 minutes faster than my first half marathon!


The post race party was amazing! We enjoyed Panera bagels, fruit, Donatos pizza, champagne, chocolate, pasta salad, and a delicious strawberry drink. We also got free waterbottles and headbands from Victoria's Secret. Seriously awesome!


After laying around for a few hours I went to lunch at Graffiti Burger with Nick, Jackie and Nick. A post race tradition I was happy to keep up! All in all, it was a wonderful day!

Scatter Joy,


1 comment: