Saturday, July 10, 2010

About three things I was absolutely positive.


First, I had finally given into the Twilight phenomenon. Second, there was a part of me-and I wasn’t sure at first how potent that part might be- that knew I would love these books before I even opened the first cover. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably addicted.


I held out as long as I could. But every time I saw Robert Pattinson’s beautiful face in yet another Twilight trailer I just knew I had to be one of them...a Twihard.


Urban Dictionary defines Twihards as “stupid obsessive people (mostly teenage girls) who are in love with fictional characters and wouldn’t know a good book if it punched them in the face.”


In that case maybe I’m just a Twihard-Lite.


It took me approximately ten days to read and watch the first two, Twilight and New Moon. For those ten days vampires and werewolves were constantly on my mind. I could take any random thing that someone would say and turn it into Twilight talk...which in result made me one of the most annoying people to be around.


My oldest sister is bringing me the last two books on Wednesday from her library (I was number 43 on the wait list at my library). I cannot wait to have them in my hands and finally finish the series once and for all. It will be nice to finally see Eclipse so I can stop screaming and covering my ears every time the trailer comes on.


And for the record...at this point I am Team Edward.


We’ll see if the addiction continues with Eclipse...


No comments:

Post a Comment