Today was a great day.
We had our center-wide picnic and it actually went really well. I was expecting the worst...cold weather, our kids running around the entire time, food flying everywhere, etc. But, they were wonderful (and so was the weather)! Yes, Jackie and I spent the entire time cutting up hotdogs, but it was totally worth it. And my favorite moment? When all 70+ kids, plus teachers and a few parents, held hands in a huge circle to sing our Thankful Song. It was a scene straight out of WooVille.

After work Stephanie and I met to discuss details of Jackie and Nick's upcoming shower in June. I am way excited for it! And seeing Stephanie meant I got to see my nephews too. Natey charmed me with his troll voice and Shane beat me up with a wooden sword. Typical and awesome at the same time.
On the way home I heard Josh Kelley's lovely voice on the radio.

I love this man and may even be a little bit territorial over him (sorry Jack). Nick and I have seen him live a few times over the years and he is nice as nice can be!

When I got home I went on a quick run and my pace was an entire one minute faster than average. Not only that but I love to run in nice weather. It might have only been in the 50's but that sun was shining bright and everyone I saw was loving it!
Maybe the biggest news of the day is that my new lens came! Yessssss!

It's a prime lens which is going to take some time to get used to. I've already spent lots of time today playing around and working out my kinks.
Jackie and I made a quick stop at Target to get food for Easter morning breakfast. We also hit up the clothing section (duh!) and picked out some potential Easter outfits. The new groceries at Target are crazy! I am happy to say I resisted the CPK pizza I wanted, although I was unable to leave without peanut butter cup ice cream. I just finished a bowl and I'm happy to report it was an A+ decision!
All in all, it was a giant grin, thumbs up kind of day!
Scatter Joy,

love to hear that :)
ReplyDeleteFah who foraze! Dah who doraze!
ReplyDeleteWelcome Christmas, come this way!
Fah who foraze! Dah who doraze!
Welcome Christmas, Christmas Day!
nick looks so young in that picture!
ReplyDelete