I haven't blogged in two whole weeks! Needless to say, I've got some catching up to do...
Note: After looking through my pictures from the past couple of weeks I found I have only one photo of people and many of food. Typical.
Over the past two weeks work has been crazy! April is the Month of the Young Child, which means lots on the calendar for me and my co-teachers!
Last Tuesday was our annual Art Show. We spend the Monday night before covering our hallways in the children's art (while eating pizza for dinner). The following night is the opening event where the children and their families come to view the gallery (in their dressy clothes). It is an amazing night. Definitely one of my favorites of the entire year.
(Pictures coming soon)
Other things coming up are: the family breakfast, children's parade, sing-a-long, and the "dreaded" parent/teacher conferences.
Not only is work busy but it is also incredibly stressful at the moment. The kids are doing a lot of fighting and dumping toys. I think we are all just ready for warm weather so we can be out and about instead of stuck in our room all day.
Over the past two weeks I've had some delicious meals...
Two Sundays ago I had a wonderful breakfast with Erin and Kristi. It was so great to catch up with Kristi and the coffee and food was delicious! I switched my mind about four times but finally decided on Floridian French Toast.
Nick and I had such a good dinner last Friday night. We browsed the aisles of Giant Eagle for quite some time searching for something that wasn't meat (because of Lent). We finally chose veggie corn dogs (yum!), mac & cheese, and mixed veggies. We topped it off with a few Rolling Rocks to complete the best Friday night dinner eva!

I have been eating lots and lots of fruit bowls.
Strawberries, grapes and bananas are my favorite right now!

I didn't take a picture but I had the most amazing pancakes last Sunday with Jackie. Seriously. I cannot stop thinking about them!
Over the past two weeks I've watched several movies...
500 Days of Summer

My second favorite movie of all time. I could watch it over and over and over.
Black Swan

Crazy movie. Not necessarily even sure if it was good crazy...maybe just crazy crazy.
127 Hours

Such an inspirational movie and affirmed my belief that James Franco is amazing!
Over the past two weeks I've spent some good times with good friends.
Two Fridays ago Nick and I joined up with Jackie, Nick and some of their good friends. It was such a fun time!
(Pictures coming soon..after Jackie posts them)
Last Saturday I celebrated Austin's birthday! I played the role of DD so that Nick and Austin could party as hard as they wanted to with their buds. I did join in on a few games of darts, which was way fun!

When the bar closed I had the privilege of driving Drunk Nick and Drunk Austin home which was entertaining to say the least. They "forced" me into driving to McDonald's so they could get breakfast at 2:30 am, then Austin made a grand entrance into his house by climbing in the window. Funny boys.
Over the past two weeks my mood has been seriously affected by the weather.
There has been some terrible weather. Rainy, gloomy days. Which has turned my moods pretty gloomy too.
On the upside, this past Sunday was in the 80's! It felt like summer!
I took advantage of it by working on our back patio. I forgot to take a before picture, but here is a "in the middle" picture (courtesy of the roomie).

I basically just de-weeded our little patch of dirt and scooped up all the dead leaves. I can't wait to get in there and plant tons of flowers and make it look gorgeous! I'm envisioning lots of wine nights in my future!
Afterwards, Nick and I wandered around my lovely neighborhood. We had lunch, browsed several shops, and ended the afternoon with cupcakes! It was the perfect Sunday.



I'm so jeal of your life.
ReplyDeleteI need to live in Columbus again and I cannot wait to join in on MANY wine weekends this spring/summer.
Can't wait for Saturday :)