Teacher Appreciation Week this year was amazing! All I will say is I know how blessed I am and I don't take that for granted.
Monday
We walked in to find our teachers' lounge completely transformed. It really couldn't even be considered a teachers' lounge before... it was more like a storage room with one ratty couch that nobody ever used. Jackie and I used to daydream for hours on end about how we would redo it if given the chance. Well, they made our dreams come true. Just look...


They embraced the blue floor and made the most of it. I love the way it looks!

Work table which Jackie and I have already used a couple times to work on portfolios and conference webs.

The drawers are stocked with documentation supplies!

Computer desk with a new Mac donated by a family!

They even had a basket of cute notebooks for us to take...
Tuesday
We each received a basket filled with coffee, tea, dish towels, and chapstick that I now use daily.

Wednesday
The families put together a scrapbook for us filled with pictures, drawings and letters. It is definitely something I will treasure for a long time to come.
That evening was our staff dinner, prepared by, who else, but our wonderful families. They went above and beyond to give us an amazing meal. Here's what we ate...

Not pictured are the amazing appetizers (guacamole, chips, hummus) and dessert (apple pie a la mode).
At the end of the night we were told to look under our chairs. If there was a pinwheel we were able to take one of the centerpieces home. There wasn't anything under my chair but when I looked under another chair at an empty table I saw this....

So I got to take home this...

Thursday
We all got to take home a potted plant. I think it was Rosemary. I loved the burlap and purple ribbon around the pot.

Friday
At the dinner on Wednesday there were notes on the tables that read...
The breakfast was delish and a nice break from the usual routine of the day. One of the dads was even there making lattes for everyone.
So, yes, it's needless to say I am lucky to work in a center with such wonderful families. And I am very thankful.
Some other work things I wanted to document...
- There is a nasty stomach bug going around our room. We've already sent two kids home with vomiting. I just watched an episode of Quints by Surprise where they all were sick and I could so relate. It's just a ticking time bomb...who will be next?
- Our kids have been really into ketchup at lunch. We used to just make smiley faces or letters on their plates, but lately they are asking for more complex things. My proudest moment is when I was asked to make a bunny and delivered this...

Yes, I am aware that is completely over the top.
- Before lunch we sing our Thankful Song. To get the kids ready to sing we have them put their hands up in the air, then "clap in their lap." After saying, "Put your hands up" every day I eventually just made up a song to sing before our Thankful Song. Only logical, right?
It is to the tune of Party in the USA. Here are the lyrics....
Put your hands up, we're singing our song,
Our Thankful song today.
Clap in your lap, oh yeah.
Take a deep breath, oh yeah.
So put your hands up, we're singing our song,
Our Thankful song today.
Yeaaah, it's a party in the Penguin room!
This has been a stressful year at work and Jackie and I might feel like walking out several times a day, but I'm happy we can still find ways to make it fun as much as we are able.
Scatter Joy Y'all,


You forgot to mention the chocolates in Tuesday's gift...haha. Or did we eat those too fast to really count?
ReplyDeleteGlad I get to go through all this craziness each day with you!
yuck! don't bring that bug home with you!!!
ReplyDelete