Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Deer and My Beans

A couple Fridays ago (April 29) was a go-go-go kind of day. I woke up at 5:30ish to watch the Royal Wedding.

Kate Middleton has become my new idol. She is beautiful. Her dress was beautiful. And Pippa?

Love her too.

I talked my boss into letting me come into work a little late so I could get my long run in before the weekend started. I headed to one of my favorite running spots at 6:45 am and set out to run 12 miles.

Along the way I had a crazy awesome experience. A deer walked onto the path in front of me and just planted her hooves. There we just stood...staring at each other. I didn't know what to do, then she bowed at me. Seriously. So what did I do? Bowed back, course! After staring for a few more seconds she walked off the path, daintily as can be. I passed (with caution). Once I was a safe distance away I turned around to look at her. And, she bowed again! So I bowed again! I think I truly am a deer whisperer.

Work went by quickly because it was such an unordinary day. Lydia came to visit and my kids were smitten with her. Whenever she left the room they would not stop talking about her. We also had our center wide singalong that day. Such a fun time.

After work I showered real quick then met Lydia, her brother, Jared, and Jackie (our trusty assistant) for a Mothers Day photo shoot...


That night I hung out with Jackie, Lydia, Kathleen, and Erin. Our first stop was Planks to get our fix of their delicious pizza. While there we discussed our plan of action for the night. We couldn't decide where to go so we did the only logical thing...wrote out the names of every bar in the area, put them in a popcorn basket, then we each picked one of our destinations. We held true to our picks (although we had to force ourselves to walk into a couple bars) and had a random, but hilarious night! We even convinced someone that Kathleen was Pippa and had flown into Ohio right after the wedding. Too funny!


The next day we all went out to lunch where we laughed nonstop. Partly because my hair is a food-trapper, and partly because we all acquired new nicknames. Lydia=Black Bean. Erin=Coffee Bean. Jackie=Jelly Bean. Me=Pinto Bean. Oh, Bean!

Don't mind me for quoting the Hangover, but...they're the four best friends that anyone could have!

Scatter Joy,

2 comments: