I wrote this a few months ago...
I was over at Papa and Mermer’s house for the OSU Sugar Bowl game (which they won by the way). Before the game I was trying to keep Shane and Nate entertained and so I decided to sing a song. The first thing that came to my head was Little Bunny Foo Foo because I knew Shane would like the part about “bopping them on the head.” And, I was right! Natey wasn’t too interested, but Shaners had me sing it about 30 times in a row! Each time I got to his favorite part he would crack up. It reminded me of when he was a little younger and would belly laugh all the time.
During the game Shane was really bored and just wanted someone to play with him, so he kept asking me to sing him the song. The entire time he was sitting so close to me and putting his feet on me and had his face right near mine. I soaked up every second of it because Shane doesn’t really like to cuddle or hug anymore.
Finally, I got to the point where I just could not stand to sing the song anymore. So, Shane and I thought about what Little Bunny Foo Foo looks like. We decided he was a white bunny with brown spots and floppy ears. The good fairy wore a dress, a hat, and carried a magic wand that was shaped like a circle. The goon was black and had three eyes. And the field mice was brown. Shane asked why he kept getting bopped on the head and so I told him his brain was hurting and he couldn’t remember to leave. He thought that was the funniest thing ever!
I can’t believe my first nephew will be FIVE years old this year. He constantly amazes me with his smarts and his love for all things boy. I hope I always remember exactly what he was like at this time.
And I love him. A ton.
Shane's birthday was yesterday! I think he had a really great day. We all got together for lunch, cupcakes and presents of course! He was so good with Nate who was having mini meltdowns all day long. I mean when you're two years old you just don't understand why your brothers gets presents and you don't.
Now for the pictures...















No comments:
Post a Comment