Monday, August 8, 2011

Before Jackie's Big Walk

The recap of Jackie and Nick's wedding continues. I'll start when the alarm clock started beeping at 6:30am on Saturday morning.

The first thing out of Jackie's mouth was, "Is this seriously happening?! I just want to sleep!" Obviously she is a true romantic...and a morning person.

After we both showered Lydia picked us up and we headed to Nick's to deliver a super secret gift to him, from Jackie. Really, it wasn't a secret...it was the most amazing cufflinks and a card that was probably filled with all kinds of mushy stuff. I jumped out of the car then Lydia and Jackie quickly drove away so there was no chance Nick would see her. After the gift was safety delivered I ran up the street to find my ride.

We began our drive to the hair salon, but before we even made it to the highway Jackie realized she forgot her veil. It only put us behind schedule about 5-10 minutes and literally, that ended up being the worst thing that happened all day! I kept waiting on something else to go wrong, because it always does, but on this day the stars were aligned and it was perfection.

Hair and makeup was done. Breakfast was eaten. We had bagels, fruit and cream cheese (thanks to Dad). Jackie's hair looked amazing! The perfect blend of curls, structure and messiness. Lydia, Nici, and Stephanie's looked great too! And I was very happy with mine as well.

We left the salon ahead of schedule (Jackie had printed out the day's itinerary, almost down to the minute). Then we made our way to the church. Us bridesmaids got ourselves dressed...necklaces, shoes and everything. Then it was time to get Jackie ready! I just remember thinking it was so funny that everything in this moment was staged and documented. Gotta love those photographers and videographers! It was definitely a team effort to get Jackie in her dress...lacing up the back of it was something each of us did several times.

My Nick became the "unofficial" official Day-Of Coordinator. He was amazing and made sure J&N never got close to seeing each other, even though we all were sharing many spaces together. He used lines like, "The building is now safe to enter!" Just kidding.

Us girls went outside for pictures before the ceremony started. Next, we stepped into the church to escape the heat, and Nick's gift was delivered to Jackie. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I think it's pretty much a card catalogue of their relationship. Pretty amazing. Tucked in the back of the box was a lacy pair of undies...keepin' it classy Nicholas. In church, no less!

About a half hour before the ceremony began us girls were just hanging out in our little room waiting for it to begin. Jackie said she just wanted it to start...the waiting around was the worst part! I felt the same way! Right before we walked up to the church we did a group huddle, with a "Goooo Team!" included.

Finally, it was 1:30pm and the ceremony was beginning. Cue the organ music!

And this story will continue another day...

Scatter Joy,


No comments:

Post a Comment