I want to get these memories in my head recorded before they get hazy...
Jackie and Nick got married last Saturday...And it was one of the best days of my life.
I can't even imagine how J&N feel...to have been completely surrounded by love the entire weekend. Love in the form of family, friends, beautiful spaces, food, and cake. They must be on top of the world (and maybe a tiny bit depressed like I feel, because it is always hard to say goodbye to something you love with your whole heart, even if it was just a date on the calendar).
So, let's start at the beginning (a very good place to start..)
Friday began at the FlowerMan to put together flowers, of course.

It was way more fun than I expected. As a group we made: boutonnieres, corsages, bouquets, and centerpieces. My favorite part was putting together my bouquet. I loved the way it turned out. Jackie's was the most beautiful bridal bouquet I have ever seen in my life. She used all white flowers...garden roses, calla lilies, and lisianthus.
Absolutely beautiful.
Getting our nails done was an experience...an amazing one! I am not a girly-girl and the words "manicure" and "pedicure" make me want to gag. However, I must report even non girly-girls can be pampered (ugh) every once in a while. I should do it more often!
The rehearsal started at 6:30. We ran through everything with Fr. Ron. Before it was over it began raining outside. Not just raining, but pouring. It really wouldn't have been a problem except I had a very important job to do...deliver the surprise groom's cake Jackie ordered to their apartment for the rehearsal dinner. Enter nervousness.
Nick and I practiced, then finally felt confident enough to do the job. Using an umbrella and walking very slowly we safely got the cake into the car. Then rocking out to the song, "On My Way" we drove to J&N's new apartment and successfully delivered it! I swear the song made all the difference.
The rehearsal dinner was incredible. Their apartment is already breathtaking with it's exposed brick, beams and fireplace, but Nici and Jenise took it to the next level with their decor. Just gorgeous.

The night only got better once we loaded up our plates and filled our glasses. I'm a sucker for delicious food and drink.
I had prepared a slideshow with photos of Jackie and Nick from birth until present. We watched it after dinner. I think it was pretty amazing, if I do say so myself. Not the work that I did to put it together, but being able to watch J&N's journey. Did I mention they are perfect for each other? If I didn't, let me say, they are perfect for each other.
Jackie and Nick gave the wedding party gifts next. J gave us girls the prettiest clutches from Etsy. She filled them with things we would need for the wedding day, like tissues and mints. She also told us our hair up-do's were going to be paid for (holy moly). Stephanie and I also received the most dainty, beautiful necklace with three uniting circles (to represent us three sisters, of course!). The best part was a note J wrote. Definitely made me tear up. I just adore that sister of mine.
Just my words trying to describe these gifts do not do them justice, so I will post photos ASAP.
And with that, the rehearsal dinner was over. I really began to fall in love with the entire wedding party and their families. We all left feeling exhausted, but ready for the morning.
I stayed with Jackie at her old apartment that night. I gave her my last big gift from me...a photo book filled with pictures of all the wedding planning (madness and all).
We made sure to set about 10 alarms so we wouldn't over sleep. I just remember laying there thinking that I couldn't believe it was here. My sister is getting married tomorrow!
This recap will continue later with the BIG DAY!
Scatter Joy,


No comments:
Post a Comment