Let's rewind to May. Yes, May. It may be three months ago, but Memorial Day weekend was way too good to not recap.
It kicked off on Friday evening at Happy Hour with Nick and Erin.


Nick owed me 3 beers for winning an American Idol bet. I picked Scotty as the winner...he thought it would be Lauren. I, of course, ordered a Magic Hat, then a couple Bud Lights.


All three of us stuffed our faces with $5 pizzas and a good time was had by all!
Saturday was a perfect day spent with friends. Lydia, Erin, Jackie, and I began our afternoon with lunch and drinks.


My beer/cider drink
Jackie's strawberry lemonade-y drink
Lydia ordered a magic hat, but I guess I don't have a picture of that.

After lunch we wandered around...stopping in many shops and maybe getting another drink. Finally we went to the grocery store to buy supplies needed for dinner....including this completely badass disposal grill for $3.

The food was insanely delicious. Especially that guacamole!

The four of us spent the rest of the evening sitting on the patio and playing games.




Oh! And practicing the "Top Knot" on my hair.

I forgot what I did during the day on Sunday, but at night I went to Nick's house with a bunch of friends, including Jackie and Nick. It comes as no surprise that we had a beer pong tournament. The highlight of the night came right before the final matchup when we all gathered around the American flag while listening to Boyz II Men sing the National Anthem.

Mini photo shoots followed...




For the record, Austin and I ran the tables and ending up winning the whole thing. We are fierce.

I spent all of Monday at Nick's working on his front yard! He graciously agreed to have J&N's wedding shower at his house, which in turn meant tons of work!
The morning started like this...

And several hours later transformed into this...


It doesn't look like much, but that ground covering plant thing was brutal. The roots were strong, deep and all tangled together. Plus, we planted hostas and zinnias on the side of his house. It was definitely hard work and we were covered in sweat and dirt in the end. I am happy to report that 3 months later it is looking just as beautiful!
And that's a wrap!
Scatter Joy,


No comments:
Post a Comment