Sunday, March 18, 2012

gettin' JIGGY with it!

St. Patrick's Day weekend is almost officially over...and it was just an amazing as I was hoping!

On Friday Nick and I did the usual....stayed in and acted like 50-year olds instead of the young 20-something year olds we actually are. Our excuse? How I Met Your Mother. 


We are addicted. We just finished season 4 and now have to track down the 5th season. It may be time to bite the bullet and get Netflix. 

We also played quite a few rounds of Draw Something on his phone. Another newly found addiction. I'm probably extra addicted because I don't have a smart phone and can't just play whenever I want.  


Saturday began with a long-ish run. It started out just beautifully...sunshine, lots of people out and about getting ready for the day's festivities. But, around mile 5 my left leg started acting up. It started in my calf and slowly spread to my knee and even down to my toes. I was still able to complete my 6 miles but it wasn't fun. Dang knee.

Dr. Erin fixed me up when I got home. She diagnosed me with Runners Knee, gave me an ice pack, and even made me a smoothie. Just one of the perks of living with an obsessed runner girl.

Not only was this day so great because it was St. Patrick's Day, but it was also Buckeye game day!

Erin and I (aka Gimp #1 and Gimp #2) met up with Jackie, Katie and the Nicks at bar #1.

My Nick was seriously grumpy, and a little crazy, because he was extremely hungry. When that boy needs his food he needs it. Luckily he found some food and all was well.

After leaving bar #1 we met up with Lydia, her bro & his gf. We all made our way to bar #2 to watch the Bucks play. Austin and Nick's neighbor joined us. A green beer tower was consumed, free T-shirts were given, and the Buckeyes ended their game with a W.

Next, we made our way to bar #3. More green beer was consumed. A lot of dancing and hilarious conversations occurred. Nick and I both got hit on by the same crazy woman.

When we left we were happily surprised by a group of bagpipers playing some, bagpipes. This was my moment to shine. I am a lover and a fan of Irish Step Dancing. I might secretly practice more than I'll admit.

My friends dared me to get up there and dance and dance I did!
The little man I babysit for, who is also an Irish Step Dancer would have been proud.

So, finally we all made our way to bar #4. We were able to get a table on the patio, so we just sat and mellowed out for a little bit. I think we all were exhausted. After a round we left and found bar #5.

When I walked in to Elvis playing on the Jukebox I was a happy girl. In fact, I think we all were happy because we had a dance contest right then right there. I have fun friends.

We stayed at bar #5 for awhile then finally left for our final destination...bar #6 which also happened to be a restaurant. One of my all time favorite restaurants. After a late dinner, which was more like a midnight snack, we all called it a night. It had been a long day. A seriously fun, long day.

Today has been a pretty typical Sunday so far. Church in the morning, then working on little projects during the day. My main focus has been mounting my kids' art work for the opening night of our Art Gallery Gala next week. Sounds pretty fancy if you ask me.

The storms this evening have been intense! Lots of lightning, thunder and hail. The tornado sirens were going off too. I love a good storm though.

This coming week is continuing to be busy as ever. I hate wishing time by, but I seriously cannot wait for April when my life will slow down a bit. I will still have a wedding to plan, a half marathon to train for, my cousin's bridal shower to help plan..but at least I will be done with all of my work classes!

My motto for the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment