Thursday, March 22, 2012

La La La Life

It has literally felt like summer in Columbus the past couple of days. Temperatures in the 80's and tons of sunshine. I even broke out the shorts yesterday, which in hindsight I wasn't prepared for in the slightest. Hello pale legs!   ...  (On a side note, I am proud of those pale legs and the fact that I have not been to a tanning bed in years! Once I heard people who go tanning are just as likely to get cancer as those who smoke, I was done.)


Tonight, as Sweet 16 play begins, I am so proud to be an Ohioan. Ohio is still undefeated in the tournament. Four teams still in it...that's history right there. Cincinnati, OU, Xavier, and of course, Ohio State.


On Saturday my knee started hurting during a run. I was thinking it was just a little injury...rest it for a day or two then get right back on my training schedule. Well, it has not been that simple. Runner's Knee is not something to mess with. Although I plan to. I've been resting and icing religiously...I haven't run since Tuesday (which was just a baby run, so really since Saturday)...and it's killing me. Every time I see somebody running I want to run them over. I am going to do everything possible to make it to my race in May, even if it means running on a bum knee. I have been so good about my training this time around...much better than my past races, so it just figures this would happen. Oh well, it could always be worse.


My two favorite trees of all time...magnolias and dogwoods are blooming! (Jackie and Lydia...I know you both just sang it)...These trees are the epitome of spring time for me. A sign that the winter craziness is over and summer is officially on the way. They also just happen to be gorgeous to look at.


I gave up sweets for Lent. As hard as it is, I welcome this time of year. It is a daily reminder of God's love for us. Every time I want something sweet (which happens a lot) I am reminded of what He sacrificed. Obviously, sugar could never compare, but what a great reminder. I will say that I am insanely excited for Easter and to eat sugar again. I have a bag all ready to go. Girl scout cookies, dark chocolate with sea salt, Cadbury mini-eggs, left over candy buttons from the Market District. Mmmhmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment