- It is already July! How can that be?! Because it is the first of the month that means its Rabbit's Day! Does anyone know about this? I'm not sure if we made it up, but supposedly if the very first thing you say when you wake up on the 1st is "Rabbit's Day" then you will have good luck for the entire month. I actually did it today, so hopefully the good luck will start coming!
- This past weekend was pretty great for the most part. Erin came down for her visit and the night was a success except for one big thing....I lost my camera. Luckily it wasn't my new DSLR, but I still loved my Canon point and shoot. Ugh. I don't even want to dwell upon it anymore. So I won't.
- The Bachelorette is really heating up. But, I was really disappointed with this week's episode. Wes is still around?! Come on Jillian! I can't even stand the sound of his voice. It makes me want to roundhouse kick him in the face. I am so sad Michael is gone. His family was so sweet and you can tell he genuinely cared about Jillian. I'm sad Jesse is gone too. I really liked him. And his brother cracked me up. And then there's Ed....I think he is a great guy, but it just sucks we didn't get to see him hometown visit. Kiptyn's awesome, but I didn't love his family (I feel terrible saying that). And finally Reid. I think he looks just like Chandler Bing, haha. He just came out of nowhere in this competition. But, I like him and I like that he is different from the "Bachelor/ette type" aka Jake, Kiptyn, etc. We shall see what happens....
- One of my first posts ever on this blog was about my fish Puddy. Catch up here if you desire. Well, Puddy died a week or so ago. I was surprised with how sad I was because let's be honest...Its hard to love a fish. But, when I woke up and he was floating around in his bowl, my heart sunk just a little bit. I was worried about my nephew Shane because he always loved Puddy and because he was the one who actually named him. I called Shane the day it happened and here was the conversation:
Me: "Shane, Puddy died. Are you so sad?"
Shane: "No."
Me: "Oh.....ok." (Totally not the reaction I was expecting).
Shane: "How did Puddy die?"
Me: "Well, I don't know. When I woke up I just saw him floating around at the bottom of his bowl."
Shane: "HAHAHHAHA!"
He may be cute, but Shane is obviously a very cruel three year old. Haha.
- Remember how I said Nick is giving me photography assignments in attempt to make sure my new camera gets used the way it should. Well I checked my email yesterday and I received my first assignment! Nick is totally serious about this...it cracks me up! Here's the email:
Project #1:
Start date 6/30/2009End date 7/14/2009
Pick one of the following titles for your own interpretation. You have 2 (two) weeks to complete this project. The project must be presented to me by email, computer, print out of picture or even by the camera its self. You must submit 7 or more "Prints" to be graded. Since I am no real teacher you will be graded on the "Coolness Scale"
Grades go as follows;
Awesome 100-91
Beautiful 90- 82
Cool 81-73
Damn Close 72-67
Eh 66- 61
For Real? 60- 0
1. Rain Rain Rain - What does rain look like from your eyes?
2. It bugs me being small - Ahhh The life of a bug.
3. Patriot Day - Only real Americans wave flags.
p.s. Any one of these you choose is fine but if you would like extra credit then you can submit 3-6 pictures from another title. You can get up to 10 extra coolness points.
Goodluck homie.
- Isn't he so funny and awesome? I'm going to do # 3, but might choose one of the others for some extra "coolness points." This will be fun.
- I found this video today and I cannot stop watching it. It has been playing on repeat the entire time I've been typing this. So beautiful. You should listen to the original by Lily Allen too. Very good stuff. And I'll admit it, I cried the first couple times I watched it. I'm such a sap.
If I don't post again until after the holiday, I hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and ridiculously fun 4th of July!
hahaha his email assignment cracked me up! I love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I've never heard of Rabbit's Day, but maybe I should start doing that next year!
Gotta love that Shaners! I'm still SO impressed with Nick's assignment. Haha...makes me laugh everytime I read it!
ReplyDeleteI need to get someone to give me assignments. Sometimes I find myself taking the same types of pictures over and over. Sorry about Puddy. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Puddy, your nephew sounds like a typical 3 year old! haha
ReplyDeleteThe assignment idea is too funny! Have fun with it! Happy 4th!
1) I've never heard of Rabbit's Day but you can bet I'll try it next month (if I remember)!
ReplyDelete2) I'm so sorry you lost your camera :-( I would be SO sad if mine got lost.
3) I HATE the bachelorette this season but yet I continue to watch it. Odd. I really liked Jesse and Michael so Jillian is NOT on my good side these days.
4) RIP Puddy!
5) Nick's assignment is awesome! I didn't realize a grade of "E" was possible... ya learn something new every day! Good luck earning coolness points!
The song was so beautiful! Sorry about your camera, mine broke :(.
ReplyDeleteAh! I have so many comments!
ReplyDeleteI'll start with the Bacholette. I guess it's pretty simple. I feel the exact same way as you. I mean exactly. When I was reading your thoughts, I thought I wrote them. Haha.
2nd. Reading this post made me smile
3rd. Nick seems really cool & creative. What a fun boyfriend. I can't wait to see the pictures from this assignment!