Friday (as in, a week ago): Nick's best friend, Austin, was in town for the week. He's from Ohio like us but has been living in Florida for the past few years because of school. He brought along his good friend, DMac.
We all just stayed at Nick's for the night and played about a million games of beer pong. I know I am officially an adult with a full time job, but pong is always gonna be my game. And I am competitive.
Nick and I used to get in fights all the time over it. It got so bad that Austin made the rule that Nick and I could never play each other, or be on the same team. I like to think that we've matured a little bit and could handle it now, but we all still say that the only reason Nick and I would ever break up is because of beer pong. Ha!
DMac and I are rivals in pong. In fact, he calls me his arch-nemesis, which is saying something because he is known as "The Shotmaker." Before he flew up here he challenged me to a game. I seriously haven't played since the last time he was here in the winter, and I know they play all the time in Florida. This game of pong was a big deal. We had pump up music, including "The Eye of the Tiger." Haha. It's pretty intense stuff.
We played the best out of three and long story short, I lost. And I'm bitter about it. But, it was an amazing game. I was 1-2 and we went cup for cup the entire time.
The rivals

Saturday: I got my hair done which is pretty much my favorite thing ever. I love bangs.
That night Nick and his band had a gig. It went amazing, as always. Afterwards we all went back to Nick's and stayed up until 6am playing pong (of course) and Apples to Apples. Ah, to be young.

Sunday: Nick, Deece, and I went out on the boat all day. My favorite part was when we anchored the boat and Nick and I had a jumping competition. Deece would tell us what kind of jump to do, then we would jump off the boat and he would score us both and decide who did better. Nick won the can opener, and the flip. But I won the flying squirrel, which, lets face it, is the best one anyway.
Monday: Nothing exciting. Just work and lots of errands afterwards.
Tuesday: This was a great day. After work we all loaded up in Austin's car and headed to the Tractor Pull. The tractor pull is basically the highlight of my summer. This is the third year that I have gone with Nick and Austin and everyone else, and I just love it. Yes, I might be part hillbilly. I accept that.
Wednesday: Jackie, Lydia, and I went to Baja Sol for a drink and appetizers after work. Then, we saw (500) Days of Summer.

What can I say about this movie? Amazing, artistic, original, refreshing, realistic. I am in love.
When I first saw the preview for this movie I got..."The Feeling." The feeling is...when I just know that a movie can potentially be my favorite. Part of the reason I got "the feeling" for this movie is because Regina Spektor's song is in the preview and she is uh-maz-ing.
I have only gotten "the feeling" for one other movie and that was "Across the Universe." I'd have to say ATU is still my number one favorite movie, but (500) Days of Summer is now my number two.
When I first saw the preview for this movie I got..."The Feeling." The feeling is...when I just know that a movie can potentially be my favorite. Part of the reason I got "the feeling" for this movie is because Regina Spektor's song is in the preview and she is uh-maz-ing.
I have only gotten "the feeling" for one other movie and that was "Across the Universe." I'd have to say ATU is still my number one favorite movie, but (500) Days of Summer is now my number two.
Another great thing about the movie? We bought Gushers before and ate them during. Gushers make everything a million times better.
Thursday: Nick called me after work and wanted to grab some dinner. In the midst of our pizza I convinced him to go see 500DoS with me. So, yes....I saw that movie twice in two days.
We asked the movie people if I could have the poster when they're done with it, but they said no. Laame.
Friday: Tonight I am just laying low and relaxing. I love these nights.
Ok, there it is. Enjoy your weekend!
Exactly why I'm a blogging maching - so I can read back on this as a granny & remember the good life ;)
ReplyDeleteApples to Apples and beer pong??? Sounds like a GOOD time. Apples to Apples = my favorite game of all time! Ever!!
& you are like the 700th person to LOVE 500 Days.. I NEED to see this movie. Joseph Gordon-Levitt & my boyfriend can switch places for a bit, I would not mind at all! ;)
And - just gotta agree with you on the Gushers. I swear that General Mills pours crack in to that stuff - so addictive.
Have a great weekend!!! (Sounds like we had the same Friday night..) (:
xox, K
I like your hair cut!! :) And it sounds like a busy week! I'll definitely have to see the movie because I hadn't heard anything about it until you posted about it! (I have seen previews...but I guess other than that I just live in a box ha!)
ReplyDeletecute pictures!! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteGreat hair!
ReplyDeleteLove the hair cut!!! and beer pong..OMG! lol, even though I'm NOT good, I'll play! Flip cup is my game of choice and = the death of me!! But I can't pass up a game!
ReplyDeletehave a great weekend!
-xo
I really want to see 500 days of summer!! Glad you enjoyed it:)
ReplyDelete