Is there ever a moment when you have absolutely nothing to do? Even if you have nothing scheduled in on your planner there are always things like getting an oil change, going through your mail, depositing paychecks at the bank, blogging, and so on.
Life is stressful, but I love it...
So, instead of doing my usual weekend recap, I decided to steal an idea from this wonderful blogger and reflect on the good and bad from this past week.
The Good:
- Pajama Day with a bunch of two year olds
- Successful IKEA trip (every trip to IKEA is successful because it is the happiest place on earth).
- Taking photographs of Nick's band while they were recording in a professional recording studio.
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries
- Totally renovating my classroom with my co-teacher who also happens to be my sister, Jackie. I am so proud of how the room looks.
- Celebrating my Grandma's 79th birthday.
- Watching this video with my momma.
Well, a few years ago I found the notebook and it become my favorite thing ever because I also had a yellow folder thing where I would put copies of my favorite song lyrics without even knowing my mom's notebook existed. My mom gave me her notebook (or maybe I just took possession of it). This song by the Bee Gees is one of my favorites now for so many reasons. And its still my Momma's favorite.
(Back to "the Good" list)
- Spending IKEA time with my sisters and nephews.
- Going out to a couple low-key bars with Jackie and her Nick. And playing the photo hunt game.
- Spending Saturday with my Nick. Walmart included, even though Walmart stresses me out.
- Laughing insane amounts with Jackie about me sounding like an elephant when she dropped a ladder on my leg, me thinking the word "swamp" was "muppy," and her saying "Who is chicken?!" at Taco Bell.
- Finishing another Nick Photography project. This week the theme was Roads.
The Bad:
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Running out of time in my days.
- Driving through the worst thunderstorm I have ever experienced. The lightening was literally striking right in front of me.
- Stressing out way too much.
- Not eating as healthy as I should have.
- The chain broke on my beautiful necklace that Jackie and Lydia gave me for my birthday.
There you have it.
One quick embarrassing story before I go.
Jackie, her Nick, and I were in the car and he was singing Alanis Morissette's, "Ironic." When we got out of the car in front of his house I just started belting it out. I wasn't even trying to sing it well...I was just singing loud and obnoxious.
He lives in a duplex kind of thing with pretty steep stairs leading up to his porch, so you can't see if anyone is up there....for example, a neighbor sitting in a chair listening to a girl sitting Ironic at the top of her lungs.
Ha, it was pretty funny. And Nick knew he was up there the whole time listening. What a punk.

Oh my!! Thank you so much for the little shout out (: And thank you for loving the layout - I've been a Beatles fan since the womb ;)
ReplyDelete1. IKEA.. okay, can someone just supply me all the money in the world so I can buy that place out?! Probably my #1 fear about moving to Portland, I'm going to be withing light rail distance to an IKEA for the first time in my life!
2. Those picture?! Breathtaking. Enough said.
3. I remember driving through thunderstorms back in Wisconsin - I drove through some pretty crazy ones where I had to pull over, hyperventilate, and then keep going. We don't get storms here often, and when we do they're like one thunder clap and then it's gone. I actually miss them!!
OKAY, I'm done commenting on everything in this post now ;)
xox, K
Sounds like you had much more good than bad and that's a good thing. IKEA is a very fun place to shop! Five Guys is not anywhere where I live now and I am going through withdrawals. I wish I had one of those yummy burgers and delicious fries. Also, your road pictures are really good. I love the lighting on them. Can't wait to see every week's challenge.
ReplyDeletepretty sure IKEA can make even the worst day turn amazing!!
ReplyDeleteAwww I love that about your folder and your mom's notebook! So cool. And would you believe I've never been to an Ikea? Or had Five Guys? It's true. Apparently I've been deprived.
ReplyDelete