Monday, August 3, 2009

Firetrucks, Smore's, and Josh Hartnett

I'm just going to throw this out there....

I live at home. Like, my parent's home.

I know, I know...I am in my 20's and it might be seen as a tad bit pathetic, but it works for me right now. Money is tight and my former roommate and I basically wanted to tear each other apart limb from limb, so moving back home just made sense. (Side note: we are friends again). And the whole no rent thing is nice.


So...on to the good stuff.

On Saturday evening I was driving home from Nick's when I saw a firetruck up a distance in the road. My first thought was, "Oh my gosh, that cannot be at my house." But then I drove up and saw another one on the side of the house. I started to panic just a bit and prayed everyone was ok, especially because my two nephews were there for the weekend.

I jumped out of my car and hustled over to to my parents who were holding my nephs and asked what was going on. They said my mom was baking two pans of brownies when the stove burst into flames. Those poor brownies.

Everything turned out just fine. The house was really smokey for a couple of days and a new stove needs to be purchased, but all in all no biggie.

And Shane loved the firetrucks and firemen.

Wanna see the brownies?





When one of the firemen saw them he said, "Hey, that's what my wife's brownies always look like!"

Shane was still totally interested in eating them. He is a sugar addict. Seriously.

Papa entices Shane...Does he take the bait?!



Of course!


Don't worry....we didn't really let him eat that.


On Sunday we went to my Gma's for a little cookout. Nothing tastes better than fire-roasted hot dogs, Gma's homemade salsa, and Smore's. Mmmm...it was heaven.



How cute is this little man?!


I love them more than words can say!




I have one more random story...

Jackie and I finally saw the new Harry Potter movie yesterday. We have a tradition that before every HP movie we go to Wendy's and eat a #1 with cheese, a Sprite, and honey mustard. It was delicious as always.

On the way home we were reminiscing about all of our sisterly feuds back in our younger days, and trust me there were a lot. I love my two older sisters but we used to battle it out, mostly verbally but quite a few physical fights as well. They were never over anything important, but petty little stuff. My mom always used to tell us we would be best friends when we were older and we never believed her...but she was right like always.

Well, I have to share a fight story with you because it cracks me up....

We were both teenagers and Jackie was really into Josh Hartnett. The movie, Pearl Harbor, had just come out and I had already seen it, but she hadn't. She really wanted to see it and I'm sure she had plans to go.


So, there we were yelling at each other for who know what. That's when it happened. Jackie said something that really must have made me mad because I screamed at the top of my lungs, "JOSH HARTNETT DIES AT THE END OF PEARL HARBOR!"

I just remember her bursting into tears immediately. I also remember I felt terrible as soon as the words left my mouth. I tried to play it off like a joke by saying, "Or maybe not. I just said that to throw you off." Or something like that.

Nick has two brothers and he seriously has the best childhood fight stories. The best ones involve a brick and a giant rubber band. That would be awesome if he could guest blog for me and tell the stories, because they are hysterical!

I'll work on it.


7 comments:

  1. Go ahead, steal away! (: And, I definitely laughed out loud at your Josh Hartnett outburst, hahaha, thats hilarous! My sister & I have had our fair share of these sorts of fights & ended up best friends in the end as well - Moms... they're always right!(& yes, we NEED to find that yellow O.P.I!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! Glad the house didn't burn down! And I totally had a crush on Josh Hartnett.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live at my parent's home too! :) No rent is verrrry nice. I'm glad everyone is okay, but your nephews are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry but that Josh Hartnett story made me die laughing. That was great! Your nephews are SO cute! My mom calls the firetrucks for everything so I'm used to seeing them around my house haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I moved back home too! You're not alone girl! The Josh Hartnett story was great. I once told my sister the Easter Bunny wasn't real in a fight :) Us older sisters can be mean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is super cute!! Love the wallpaper. Josh is dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No shame on living at home. I think a lot of people do these days:) I love being around family so I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete