Monday, January 17, 2011

3 Day Weekend :)

I adore my weekends. Even more so when they are extra long, like this one was.

I kicked it off Friday evening with a happy hour at On The Border with Erin and Kristi. It was great to catch up with Kristi and as always, I love spending time with Erin aka GillE :) I must mention the food was amazing and I did not let any go to waste.

Saturday morning I played the role of "Fashion Consultant" to help my dad pick out new glasses. With the right guidance from Jackie and myself, my dad will soon be sporting the "latest in spectacle fashion" (my mom's words, not mine).

Saturday evening I headed over to Tiffany's new house for a girls night with Jackie, Lydia, Jessica, and of course, the hostess herself.

Making Smores
Chatterboxes

Sunday was an exhausting day, but one of the best I'd had in awhile. It started off with church at 9. Then my entire family, plus Erin went to Mad River Mountain to go snow tubing!

This is something that we try to do every year during MLK weekend. I think everyone in the entire state of Ohio had the same idea because it was packed. It took us about 20+ minutes just to wait in line and get up the hill each time. But, it was all totally worth it for the ride down!

My favorite was when all 11 of us went down together...Mom, Dad, Steph, Chris, Jackie, Nick, Erin, Nick, Shane, Nate, and me!

I love that my nephews loved it so much. And I love spending time with these people. I can't get enough.

The last time down Erin and I decided to join history (or so we thought). There was a huge group hooked up and said they only needed TWO more people. So, of course we joined them. My mom counted us before we went down and it was a total of 45 people! We all were super giddy thinking we had broken a record, when a worker finally let us know there was once a group of 84 that went. Oh, oops. It was still tons of fun though!

After tubing we ate at Johnny Buccelli's...Delish!

Monday morning I was a total lazy bum. I slept in til almost 10 then caught up on episodes of Four Weddings and Say Yes To The Dress.

In the afternoon it was time for a photo shoot! Jackie and Nick asked me to take photos for their Save The Dates. They had the cutest idea ever and I am happy to report their vision came to life perfectly.

I can't post any of the photos until they send them out (can't ruin the surprise)... But here is one that wasn't part of their little project.

The shoot today re-inspired me to take lots and lots of photos :)

Monday ended with a spinning class at 6, then a trip to the grocery store to stock up for the week.

(Well, it really ended with me on the couch. With my hot tea (spoken in a British accent). And the warmest blanket ever. )

Be Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment