Monday, January 24, 2011

Nephew Sleepover!

Time for another weekend recap...

Friday: Nicholas came over after work... I made baked ziti with meatballs... we watched The Invention of Lying... all whilst drinking delicious red wine. It was a solid Friday night.

Saturday: Around 3:00 Shane and Nate came over for our official Aunt/Nephew sleepover. This was part of their Christmas gift from me and Jackie.

They walked in to my apartment with Lighting McQueen suitcases and excited faces.


We kicked off the evening with a game (or two) of Candy Land.


And of course...Jelly Bellies!


After a typical two year-old meltdown...


we headed to the movie theater to see Tangled.


Shane was not too excited to see a "girl movie" but the Aunts were in charge so he didn't really have a choice. And of course, he loved it....and so did we!

During the movie we all snacked on popcorn, Sprite and Sour Patch Kids.


Afterwords, we told Shane and "Natey Russel" that we were going to Target. Their reactions?


We spent over an hour at Target....wandering the aisles and picking out new shirts for the munchkins (clearance, of course).


Next on the agenda was the grocery store to buy pizza supplies. We quickly drove home, made the pizza, then devoured it! Yum!


Shane entertained us with a private concert.


And even though Jackie and I looked like a mess we decided we still needed a picture with our nephews.


We made a giant bed on the floor in the living room and Shane talked us in to watching Aliens in the Attic (which I do not recommend to anyone. Ever.) Before it was over the boys were fast asleep.

Yes, those are bath towels on top of them. I was worried they would be cold and I didn't have anymore blankets.

Sunday: We all woke up early and enjoyed a bowl of Lucky Charms while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Then we went to church where the boys were so good. We even got compliments from the couple behind us!

After church we drove the boys home and that was it!

I had the best time ever hanging out with my nephews. I love them so much. And I guess Jackie's not so bad either :)

Be happy.

2 comments:

  1. i want an aunt/nephew/crazy roommate sleepover asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like such a fun time! My sis is pregnant with my first nephew and I definitly look forward to adventures with him!

    ReplyDelete