Monday, January 31, 2011

Nick's Birthday Weekend

I love that Nick's birthday is in January because it adds some excitement to this otherwise not-so-great time of year.

On Friday night Nick and I went to the Elevator for his annual birthday dinner. He got this....

Photo from here.
And I got this....

Photo from here.

The Elevator is the best place ever. Really. The history, the beer, that food up there, the dessert...it all comes together to create my all time favorite restaurant. Delicious.

On the way home we rocked out to My Girl (and took a picture of course!) Then went inside and watched an episode of Glee before falling asleep. We are Party Animals.

On Saturday (Nick's actual birthday) I planned to made a big breakfast for us. Of course it turned into a big fiasco. Long story short...my smoke alarm is very sensitive.

But, in the end the food turned out great. We had "breakfast burritos" with: bacon, eggs, potatoes, cheese, and salsa. I also made cranberry orange muffins, which will definitely be something I do again soon.

Later that day Nick and I met up with his Mom and brother to eat lunch and help Nick shop for work clothes.

Saturday night we went bowling!

Erin, Jackie, me

Bob, Nick, Mike, Austin, Brian aka Neighbs

We love pearl snaps!

I bowled a 110! Not bad.

Sunday involved church, Chipotle, a nap, and....CAKE!

Happy Birthday Neek!

Overall, I think Nick had a wonderful birthday!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put my pajamas on inside-out and keep my fingers crossed for a Snow Day tomorrow!

Be happy.

2 comments: