Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Key to Success

I have finally found the key to a successful morning...plan ahead!


I am by no means a morning person (even though I wish so much that I was).


When I get out of bed in the morning at 6:30 my roommate is just walking in the door from a spinning class or run. She. is. hardcore :)


Even though I don’t think I’ll ever be crazy like her, I’ve learned the past few weeks that a little planning and packing the night before makes for a much smoother morning.


I’ve started to pack a lunch the night before.


Which, let me just note is the best thing ever. I used to try and eat with the kids at work, but this group is a handful and needs constant attention. Add to that my “germophobia” and the situation just wasn’t working out.


Now that I’m packing my lunch I’m eating healthier and also, much more peacefully. Win Win.


In addition to food, I’ve also started packing a gym bag the night before (on days when I actually go) and sometimes laying out my work clothes for the next day.


The whole routine is truly helping my mornings suck less. The only other thing that would help is to not have such a close, personal relationship with my snooze button.


Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment