Monday, February 28, 2011

Playing Catch Up!

A week without the internet is no fun at all when you are a blogger! I now have two weekends to catch up on, so here I go...!

Saturday (February 19) started out with a photography workshop hosted by one of my favorite photographers! It was a bit more basic than I was hoping for but I still think it was worth my 38 bucks. Most importantly, it inspired me to practice, practice, practice (which my poor friends and family now must suffer through)!

After the workshop Jackie, Erin, and I road tripped it down (and over) to Dayton to visit Miss Lydia! On the way we rocked out to some "Jackie's Jams" which is a mixed CD Jackie made around 2003. Good stuff, let me tell you!

When we walked in the door of Lydia's apartment we saw this...

And this...


And this...

Lydia obviously knows how to make us happy!

We didn't waste any time and headed out the door for some antique shopping. While there we found some pretty great hats, learned that people use hornet's nests for decorating, and had a few scary encounters with creepy baby dolls.

After awhile we went back to Lydia's for strawberries and champagne, guac, and hummus. Delish!

We finished it off with cupcakes from the Cake Diva! Delish x2!


I think this text message I sent Nick sums up the rest of the night...

"I lost my voice. I watched the dunk contest and I heart Blake Griffin. We went to 3 bars and 1 smelled like vomit so we left. Erin and Lyds love eminem. Lyds is amaze! We started a cupcake blog! Erin is rapping. Jack makes weird faces in pictures. I love Kim K. Oreos Gushers. Life is good :)"

The next morning we enjoyed cinnamon rolls, juice, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but, the Kardashians.

Lydia, thank you for the amazing staycation! You are quite the hostess!

When we got home on Sunday we headed to my parent's house to celebrate Dad's 61st Birthday! I'll let the pictures do the talking...






Alright, now lets fast forward through the week. It was not the best anyway. I was in a bad place emotionally, was sick physically, and...didn't have the internet.

This past weekend had it's ups and downs.

Friday was an "up." Nick and I kept it low key (as usual) and enjoyed dinner and beers at a local pub. It was a great way to end the week.

Saturday involved Raising Canes and lots of euchre with Nick's family. Saturday evening I "self-destructed" (Nick's words, not mine). So, let's just say, Saturday night was a "down."

Sunday was my favorite day because we celebrated my Momma's birthday! Once again, I'm going to let the pictures do the talking...

After the birthday celebration my sisters, Mom, and I went to try on bridesmaid/MOB dresses. It was a tad bit stressful and we learned to never go to a bridal store on a weekend. But, when the outing ended with us at Menchi's all of the stress was forgotten and we just enjoyed the treat!

I'm so glad both of my parents had such wonderful birthdays! They are definitely worth celebrating!

Be blessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment