Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

Another great weekend in the books. Is it bad that it is only Monday and I already have this coming weekend completely planned out? What can I say? I live for my weekends.

Lets rewind the past few days, shall we?

Friday

Nick came over after work, as he does most every Friday. We relaxed for a little bit then headed to dinner with Erin and Bob. We went to Mac's and had a great time.

Saturday

I woke up early to go to Newark for the Wonder of Learning Exhibit with all of my lovely co-teachers. I had no idea what to expect and I found it very inspiring, yet very overwhelming at the same time.

That night I headed to Nick F's apartment to watch the UFC fights with Nick, Jackie, Nick and Austin. Instead of watching Jackie and I spent the night like this...


Firmly planted on the couch with computers on our laps. We blogged the night away!

After the fights were over the guys wanted to go out to the bar for a few drinks. I convinced everyone to play a game of Kings before we left. So funny. The rest of the night involved Magic Hat, me biting Jackie (not on purpose), and wings at 3am.

Sunday

Super Bowl day! Although I don't care much for the NFL I do have two very strong feelings about it all: 1) I love the Bengals (yes, I know. They are terrible, and have been for awhile now, but I still have hopes they will turn things around in the next, hmm...ten years or so). 2) I hate the Steelers. Enough said.

So, for one day only I clothed myself in green and yellow and adopted the Packers as my own. And all that extra cheering must have worked because that awful black and gold team lost.

The best thing about the game was the company and the food. I watched the game at Nick F's place with my parents, Stephanie, Shane, Nate, Nick, Erin, Jackie, and of course the host himself.

And the food? Uh-may-zing. Brats and hotdogs, party potatoes, veggies, meatballs, queso and chips, fruit, cookies, and a chocolate chip cheese ball. Holy Moly.

Silly nephews.

The host and hostess.

The roommate.

Be happy.

2 comments:

  1. Loveeee it! Wish i could have been there with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously?!?! That pic of me is stellar!

    ReplyDelete