Sunday, March 22, 2009

An excuse for laying around

As I reread my last blog post I can only laugh at my poor, naive self. I had such big plans and high hopes for Thursday, but unfortunately it did not go the way I’d planned. Instead, my Thursday consisted of a whole lot of sickness and misery. As did my Friday and Saturday.

I worked at the daycare on Thursday and by the end of the day I was desperate to get home. I started to get chills again and sure enough when I got home I had a fever. Then, the headache entered my life. I don’t get headaches often, so when I do actually get one I tend to act like the end of the world is coming. But seriously, this thing was painful. I couldn't look at bright lights or move my head around or walk. Basically all I could do was lay down and stay still.

Friday I was supposed to work at the restaurant, but I ending up calling off. I feel terrible about it but I am sure they wouldn’t want me there in my condition. I mean, who wants a waitress who is too weak to carry a tray and who coughs all over your food?! (Just an FYI: If they had made me come in to work for some reason, I would not have coughed on the food. And I would have washed my hands at least once every fifteen minutes).

So, basically I’ve spent the past several days bumming around trying to get healthy again. Oh! I even broke down and got that prescription filled. And I bought a new thermometer. Here’s a little random fact about me when I am sick: I am obsessed with taking my temperature. I don’t know why, but I take it at least fifteen times a day when I am sick. I even like to take my temp when I am healthy. A little weird, I know.

I am finally starting to feel better today. The only thing that’s hanging around is my cough. But even that seems to be going away. At work on Thursday one of my sweet preschoolers, Emmett, asked me if my throat was feeling better and if, “the frog was gone yet.” I told him it wasn’t gone yet and he said, “Don’t worry; it’ll be gone by Sunday.” Well, he was right! I am just hoping and praying that I will be back to 100% healthy by tomorrow. I feel like I’ve already lost so much of spring break, so I don’t want to waste anymore of it!

One of the only good things about being sick is that I have been able to catch up on lots of TV and movies. Over the past couple days I’ve watched:

Forgetting Sarah Marshall:

The Holiday:LOTS of HGTV:

Old Survivor episodes (This is my favorite show of all time):

I have also discovered my new favorite drink:


Everyone, do your self a favor and try this. Its no Sonic, but it is delicious!
Have a great week!

2 comments: