Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bette Davis Eyes...Chipmunk style

When I was growing up, my sisters and I had a couple of Alvin and the Chipmunk cassette tapes. My favorite one was “Chipmunk Rock.” I listened to it all the time.

On American Idol a few weeks ago this girl, Jesse Langseth, sang Bette Davis Eyes. I couldn’t take her seriously the whole time because yes, you guessed it…this song was on the Chipmunk Rock tape. The entire time she was singing all I heard was chipmunk voices. And no offense to her, but she had nothing on Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.

Well, guess what. I tracked down the cassette tape today! I played Bette Davis Eyes for Jackie and she loved it. It really surpasses any other cover done of this song. I highly recommend the entire cassette tape actually. The Chipmunks were way ahead of their time. They have some killer harmonies. I am actually listening to it right now as I type. It’s bringing me back to the good ole days.



Rock on Chipmunks!

1 comment:

  1. so this song has pretty much been stuck in my head since you sang it.....sweet!

    ReplyDelete