Monday, March 30, 2009

WARNING: Long Post Ahead

Because I am such a bad blogger and haven't updated in a week, I have a lot to say today.

Lets start with my hair. I finally got it cut and colored. Hallelujah! My original plan was to post a before and after picture, but I seriously cannot bring myself to put the before picture up. I just cannot believe I walked around with that hair for months and months. Yuck. But here is the after:
Yay for bangs!

On Saturday I went out with my Nick, Jackie and her Nick, and Lydia and Ben. We started out with dinner and March Madness watching at Champps. Then ended the night at FBWB. A good time was had by all (except for a minor mishap at the end which I feel terrible about).

Here is me and Jackie doing the "Reese Witherspoon Smile." My mom sent us an email that said if you want a great, genuine smile in a photo all you have to do is push your tongue against the back of your top teeth when you're smiling. I guess Reese does it all the time.

Lydia, Jackie, and me at FBWB:


Lydia and Ben: (Such a cute photo, I love it!)


At one point in the night I gave my camera to Nick because Jackie, Lydia, and I all went up to listen to the band and dance. When I got my camera back from him, here's what I saw...Typical guys....



On Sunday we made a quick stop to Old Navy and I picked up a couple dresses and some flip flops (of course!)
I am pretty much in love with Old Navy. They have such cute stuff for kids too. I could go crazy in there buying stuff for my nephews. And if I had a niece it would be even crazier! I am so excited about a new Forever XXI that just opened too. Yay for spring clothes!

(I just realized how much of a shopper I sound like nowadays! Maybe I'm coming around...ha!)

So today marked a pretty important event: the first day of my last quarter at OSU. Oh man. I can't decide whether I should be excited or not. This is my fifth year so I am ready to be done with the papers and exams and sitting through boring classes. But, its scary to think that in about 2.5 months I will be thrown out there in the real world. Real job, no insurance, and tons of student loans. Ugh. But all in all....I think I'm ready for it!

I know this post is getting really long but I just have to document my insane day at work. My munchkins were vicious today! My day was filled with bandaids, ice packs, and incident reports. First, a girl tripped and face planted into the sidewalk. She cut her chin up pretty bad and was screaming bloody murder for about three hours. Then, a boy got a wooden block thrown at his head. It wasn't just a little toss either...the kid chucked it as hard as he could. So, then we all go outside to the playground for the end of the day. Right away, I had to bust out the bandaids for a girl who got her finger slammed between a bike and a fence. THEN the same boy who got hit in the head with the block punched another boy in the nose! But, he convinced me it was accident and he just ran into his fist. As a perfect ending, somebody got bit. And no, it wasn't me who did it, although I was ready to pull my hair out by this point.

Lovely. I love my job. (All sarcasm aside though, I really do love my job. Where else would someone get all this excitement in a three hour span? They always keep me on my toes....)

Ok, I'm off to watch Dancing with the Stars. Go Melissa, Shawn, and Ty!

5 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to try that whole 'tongue behind the teeth' thing now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. -love the picture of us three except I look a little bit crazy in the picture with Ben.
    -the "guy pics" are hilarious.
    -i also love old navy & their dresses. the first warm day we should all wear our new ON dresses and go out for a drink.
    -cpc is nuts. enough said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks GREAT!!! I love that look and it never seems to work out on my big ol' Charlie Brown head haha:)

    ReplyDelete