Today it feels like the whirlwind has finally settled. I went to church, did my grocery shopping and seriously organized the kitchen by noon. And since then I have been firmly planted on the couch...catching up on television from the week. It feels so good.
The main point of this post is to recap the events from yesterday...my momma's birthday celebration.
Our day was originally supposed to start with an early walk through the park...one of my mom's favorite things to do. We canceled that plan though because of the freezing cold temps and high winds. Instead we skipped ahead to the next part...
making homemade doughnuts!
We used to make them all the time growing up, but haven't in so many years. They were just like I remembered.
![]() |
| Guitar doughnut for Nick |
After "breaking" for a few hours we met back up for the most delicious dinner. To say my family loves their food would be an understatement. We made a smorgasbord of Mom's favorites including meatballs, pasta salad, green bean bacon bundles, fruit, rolls, and chips.
Next was the moment Stephanie, Jackie and I had been waiting for...it was time to give Mom her birthday present.
We made her a scrapbook full of birthday letters & wishes. The letters came from immediate family, extended family, neighbors, friends (some of which she hasn't talked to in years). We were blown away by the amount of letters that poured in...and so was our mom.
With each page she turned, a new emotion filled the room. Tears, laughter, disbelief. It was an amazing experience.
We finished the night playing LOGO.
The hero of the game ended up being Shane...who somehow knew the catch phrase for Nerf guns.
My Mom is one of the very best people in this world. I feel so lucky that she is my mom.
I hope she enjoyed her celebrating her day as much as we did.
















No comments:
Post a Comment