Friday night I spent with Nick. First we had dinner at Pei Wei. It made me very nostalgic for my working days at P.F. Changs. Next, we hit the grocery store to stock up on s'more supplies. Finally, we made it to Nick's to light a fire and watch How I Met Your Mother season 3. Fun night.
On Saturday we slept in then I made cherry and apple dumplings for breakfast (technically lunch at that point). I used to make them all the time growing up but haven't for awhile. It was really just a lazy Saturday...Just Dancing, watching (more) How I Met Your Mother, a little wedding planning. Dinner was subs at Danny's. Then we geared up for our big Saturday night event....
The Rodeo!
The opening ceremony was amazing. I have never felt more American in my life. There was a prayer, a fire, the largest American flag ever, a soldier who has served 4 tours in Iraq, the National Anthem. I teared up a bit...it was pretty amazing.

The rodeo itself was awesome! The different events were bareback, saddle bronc, barrel racing, and bull riding. So much fun to watch.
Probably my favorite part was the in between entertainment. There was mutton bustin (hilarious) and some trick riding.
These next two pictures aren't from the actual rodeo I went to, but it is the same girl and same tricks.
I was blown away! So, so amazing!
So, after the rodeo Nick and I met up with a few of his friends at R Bar. This started our demise...
The shots upon shots upon shots that followed probably weren't a good idea. I have not been that drunk in a long, long time. But, we had so much fun.
Unfortunately, Sunday was pretty much a waste of a day. It was totally worth it though. Such a fun weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment