Friday night was one of the funnest ever! Jackie, Lydia, Katie and I went to dinner at Las Margaritas. Then the real fun began. We ended up at the Giant Eagle market district.
Oh my, the place is insane.
First, Katie took us to the candy section. I was just picturing a regular aisle of candy..nothing special at all. But, I was in for a surprise. They had just about every sweet you could imagine. Cotton candy, candy buttons, a million flavors of malted milk balls, chocolate covered pretzels and oreos, plus all the regular stuff you would expect.
One of my favorite moments of the night...
Me: "Jackie, they even have popcorn balls! But, seriously, who really wants a popcorn ball?"
Lydia walks over and picks one up...."Oooo! Popcorn balls!!!!"
Leave it to Miss Lydia to eat the most random food eva!
Next, we made our way over to the beer & wine section. Once again, we were completely blown away. You would think we were tourists in New York City. They even had a free chilling service for wine.
We decided to buy a little drinky drink for the movie theatre. We bought mini bottles of Pinot Grigio and.....these....
Mini cans of champagne with a straw. These babies were the highlights of the evening.
We made our way over to the movie theatre and saw The Vow.
It was decent. The majority of the movie was just what I expected...sweet, funny, romantic. However, the ending was a huge let down. I was waiting for something big to happen and it never did. I'm still really glad we saw it though. And that champagne was the bomb dig.We finished our night with drinks and 2am pizza. Best night ever.
Nick came over Saturday. We had a lazy day. Dinner at Piada and lots of episodes of How I Met Your Mother. We're on season 4 now.
Sunday was church, then a wedding meeting. Later, Jackie and I went to our parents house to work on a special secret project for our momma's birthday. Once everyone got there I watched Steve Martin play the banjo with my dad, played legos with my nephews, planned more secret birthday details with my sisters, then helped my mom cook dinner. Potato soup, salad and rolls. Home-cooked meals are the best.
And so is my family. And my friends. And Nicholas.





You are the best!
ReplyDelete