Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bad Luck

Yesterday was a day full of bad luck. Mostly for my sister, Jackie. Here's what happened:

First, she started the day by scratching her car up pretty bad on a fence. This would be bad for anybody, but it is especially bad for Jackie because she just got her car back from the body shop about a month ago. (Somebody had hit her car and left a big dent in the side of it).

Unfortunately the scratched car thing wasn't the end of her bad luck.

I'm going to try my best to set this scene up so y'all can understand how awful it really was:

(Quick side note: I am a bit of a klutz. I trip up stairs A LOT and fall down very easily).

Ok, so Jackie was standing up using her laptop and had it sitting on top of the ironing board (probably not the smartest choice). The power cord was hanging across the entrance of the room. I was in the room with her but then got up to leave. As I was walked out, I tripped over the power cord and tumbled to the ground. But, the computer got hurt worse.

Somehow, when I tripped, the ironing board fell to the ground, taking her laptop with it. The icing on the cake was that the iron crashed down right on top of the laptop screen. Ugh.

We both started crying immediately. It was a disaster!

The computer is pretty much done for. And I feel TERRIBLE! I cannot stop thinking about it and wish so badly that I could go back two seconds before I tripped.

So, there it is. The day full of bad luck.

Things could always be worse though. At least she just scratched her car instead of getting into an accident. We might be bummed, but at least we're still healthy. For that, we are blessed!


In other, happier, news...I've got a busy weekend ahead of me!

Tomorrow after work I am going over to Nick's. He called me today and said he wants to cook dinner for me. What!? He never does things like this so I am pumped!

After dinner we are going shopping to find Nick some new rockstar-ish clothes. He has a gig on Saturday night and since they haven't played live in about 7-8 months, he really wants to look the part. Ha.

I just re-read what I wrote and I am wondering who this strange man is. Cooking and shopping?! Who is this guy and what did he do with my Nick?! Not that I'm complaining....

Saturday is a big day too. I'm driving the two hours to my oldest sister's. I think I am finally going to IKEA! Yay! I have never been before so I am very excited.

I'm ending the weekend with Nathan Ro's first birthday party on Sunday!

Oh, and somewhere in the middle of this weekend I need to fit in time to write an 8 page paper, create a powerpoint presentation for photography, and critique three articles for my Courtship and Marriage class.

Who is ready to graduate?! ME!
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a day!! So glad your sister is OKAY! That is definitely the most important part:) So sorry about her computer, though:/ I guess later on you two can laugh about it.

    I have never been to IKEA either but have ALWAYS wanted to go! I am excited for you:) enjoooy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! A couple years ago I borrowed a friend's "Coach" overnight bag (I'm pretty sure it was a fake, but still) and the airport people broke the handle on it. I STILL think about it and feel so bad! Have a great weekend, you busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! IKEA is soo much fun! Haha! I haven't been in a while, I need to go...

    Sorry about the crappy luck. That's really crummy when stuff that happens, especially all in one day.

    ReplyDelete