Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Does the weekend have to end?

I had such a great weekend. And even today seemed weekend-ish cause I skipped my classes. Ah, to be young and irresponsible!

Let's start with Saturday, shall we?

The whole day can be summed up in two words...Kenny Chesney!

I love live music and one of my favorite things to do is go to concerts. I've seen anybody from Josh Kelley to Fall Out Boy to Jack's Mannequin to Rascal Flatts to Ben Folds.

One thing I always expect from a country concert is that it'll be a good time. Mr. Chesney (and Sugarland and Miranda Lambert and Lady Antebellum) did not disappoint!

Jackie and me before the festivities

Another reason why I had such a great time is because I got to see my old friend Erin and her little sister, Kelsey!
Erin and I lived in the same dorm our freshmen year of college and throughout the next couple years became such good friends! I've missed her (and my other old dorm mates) so much the past year or so, so it was great to finally be reunited!
(I've been trying to convince her to start a blog so keep your fingers crossed! Ha Ha!)

Here we are!
Erin is in the middle and her sister Kelsey is on the left. Can you tell they are sisters? Ha!
Another great part about the concert? The tailgating before!

We loaded up our cooler with beer and popsicles, packed our Nemo fruit snacks and cheez-its, and had a good time for a few hours before the show.

Me and Lydia

Can you tell we had fun?
We even played flip-cup!


The man himself

Needless to say, Saturday was a success!

Sunday was a very nice day which included church, my Grandma, and even some nephew/sister/bro in-law time. I love my family =)


I had to take pictures for a photography project on Monday. We had to do "photography as fiction." I had some serious writer's block and could not think of an idea. But finally thanks to some much appreciated help, I had an idea.

Here's one picture from the photo shoot. Yes, those are Barbie legs.



Monday ended with a cookout at Nick's. The only pictures I took were of the guys playing corn hole.

This weekend made me ache for summer. I feel like we're finally getting there. I cannot believe it will be JUNE on Monday!

Life. is. good.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! what a fun filled weekend!! One of my good friends from high school opened and played with Kenny last summer! I have never been to a concert but have always heard they are SOOOO MUCH FUN! You took some great pics!

    Haha, and I love the barbie pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous you got to go to a Kenny concert. I have been wanting to but I have found it hard to get babysitting around here. That's the problem when you have three kids and don't live around family. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. from what i've heard, kenny's been putting on a fab show this year- we'll be seeing him in June and I can't wait! we usually try to see him every summer- it's one of my fave traditions! jealous you can still be slightly irresponsible and skip classes- i wish i could call out on life somedays! Ha.. PS. hot damn, Barbie's got some nice legs! Def wish I had her ankles..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, fun pics! We love playing bags (corn hole) at our gatherings, too. And I definitely love me some Kenny Chesney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like SO much fun!! we just had an offer to go to that concert when it comes to Philly and had to turn it down :-( I'm so sad!! It looks like you had such a great time though!! you and your... "groupies" lol :-) jk your friends are NOT hoochie little groupies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! I love live music too, and I'm so jealous you got to see Josh Kelley! I had tickets to see him in New Orleans but he CANCELLED the show! Rude. I still love him, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey hun,
    you look great in the pictures looks like you had such a blast this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete