Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Recap with a Guest Blogger!

Since Jackie and I were pretty much attached at the hip Saturday and Sunday we decided to do a post together instead of writing almost identical stories on each of our own blogs. So here goes…

Jackie: Annie met me on Saturday afternoon to watch my Nick play in his annual alumni rugby match. Basically, this means we sat on a hill for two hours and watched a bunch of dirty, sweating guys try to kill each other. After awhile our attention started to wander and we found a new friend:

Anna: She was so friendly and we both just loved her, until…..

We both looked over and she started to convulse. It seriously looked like she was having a seizure and we started to get worried. Just then a massive amount of green puke came flying out of her mouth. Turns out she had been snacking on some grass. Yuck. Oh, the excitement of rugby games! Nick’s team ending up winning the match so all in all it was a success.


J: After rugby we got some lunch at Chick-fil-A. We have read wonderful things about it on lots of other blogs so we just had to check it out. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint. Not only was the food delicious but the workers were so courteous and polite. We will definitely be going back.

A: We made our way over to our older sister’s house to pick up Shane for a special “aunts” outing with just the three of us. Guess where we went…IKEA! Jackie had been there a few times before, but I hadn’t. Needless to say, I was pumped!

It. Was. Amazing.

And when you add Shane to the mix there is bound to be even more adventure.


J: I wandered off for a minute and when I got back to them Annie announced, “Houston, we have a problem!”

Shane (who is working on being potty trained) had sprung a leak. His pull-up didn’t quite do its job and his pants were pretty wet. Of course, we didn’t have any extra clothes or diapers. We had absolutely no idea what to do. The pull-up was soaked so we had no choice but to throw it away. We gave Shane a pep talk about how he HAD to stay dry since he was going commando.

But then, as we were walking out of the bathroom I looked over and saw this:


Hallelujah! Thank you IKEA!

A: We promised Shaners we could get a hotdog and ice cream after we checked out. The kid had the hardest time eating that hotdog. Just look:


He was much happier when we got the ice cream. He had just as much fun smashing it on his nose as he did eating it.


When we all finished eating Shane hopped down off of his stool and yelled, “Lets go Aunts!”

Did we mention how much we love him?!?!

J: We dropped Shane off at home and Annie and I made one final stop to good 'ole Walmart. And of course, it couldn’t just be a normal trip.

We headed to the toy department to find one last gift for Nate. I showed Annie a “sky ball” which is basically a bouncy ball that bounces incredibly high. I told her that Nick was able to bounce one all the way up to the ceiling, so of course she had to give it a shot.

It flew so high, but on the way down hit a hanging sign and soared into the next aisle. All we heard next was, “Ooh! Oww!”

We both looked at each other in shock for a second, then Annie took off, sprinting out of the toy department! I couldn’t move because I was seriously about to pee my pants from laughing so hard!

A: Jackie finally found me and we both couldn’t stop cracking up. I haven’t laughed that hard in a long long time! It was hilarious.

Sunday we celebrated our other nephew’s 1st birthday! The highlight of the day was definitely watching Nate smashing his little cake into his face. He loved it and looked like a little smurf afterward. Maybe blue icing was a bad choice, ha!


Last but not least….

Happy Mother’s Day to our wonderful Momma!


10 comments:

  1. Chick-fil-A nuggets with Polynesian sauce...the best!! yum!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I heart IKEA! It's like my Disneyland ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the sister-sister post! Hope to see you soon! I told Jackie we need an Ikea roap trip asap! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me get this straight... you had your first-time-trips to Chick-fil-A **AND** Ikea both in the same day?! LOL - a big day indeed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shared post! It's great how much fun you two have together! And since you both have the same post, you both get the same comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there~totally diggin' your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was that really your maiden voyage to Chickfila? Holy moly girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww, great photos! Looks like you had a good mother's day! I LOOOVE that husky:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok... Where have you been?! I miss me some Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay Ikea! haha. Your blog is super cute, hope you don't mind if I follow! :)

    ReplyDelete