It's no secret I love my living situation. I love my neighborhood, my apartment, and of course, my roommate!
I have moved around lots the past several years. Since high school graduation I have...
- Lived in a dorm
- Moved back into my parents' house
- Lived in an apartment on campus with four other girls
- Lived in another apartment with my friend, Kristi
- Moved back into my parents' house
- Then moved back out and into my current apartment
And I really truly love living with Erin. Let me share the reasons why:
- We call each other the same name, "Gill" because both of our last names begin that way. Nick finally told us we needed to differentiate ourselves so now she is Gill-E and I am Gill-A.

- We each fell into certain roles in the apartment without even discussing it. Erin is the dishwasher queen! Loading and unloading is her thing, and she's good at it! Yes, I've learned loading the dishwasher is actually a skill. I am in charge of the remote in the evenings. This is my first year having DVR and I can't get enough of it. I pause and rewind live television just because I can!
- We both love to clean. For the most part our apartment stays clean at all times. We both have issues with clutter and that works well with me! It's awesome to live with someone who gets just as excited to dust and vacuum on a Sunday afternoon as I do.

- We have the same tastes in food and drink...sweet potato fries, hot tea, chocolate, and red, red wine! Ok, there are some things we differ on. I will never understand her love of butternut squash soup, just like she will never share my undying love of fruit snacks and Gushers.
- Erin inspires me to run. I inspire her to, um, sleep in more? Really though, I have always wanted to become a "runner" but never actually got the motivation until talking with Erin about it. Now, she is my go-to if I have questions (which I always do) or need motivation. She was right by my side for my first ever race.

- We love beer! Especially Magic Hat #9 and good 'ole Bud Light!

There you have it! Reasons why my Gill is the most wonderful roommate in da world!
Wouldn't you love her too?!

No comments:
Post a Comment