Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Running and Reading My Life Away

I am currently training for my second half marathon. It is a love/hate relationship. I love feeling stronger with every run. I love accomplishing goals. I love endorphins. I hate to lack motivation before and during a run. I hate having to run when I get home from work when all I wanna do is relax. I hate feeling like I didn't do my best.

Obviously, the love overpowers the hate, or else I wouldn't be crazy enough to keep going!

Over the past several weeks I have learned some things about my running self. Specifically, there are certain things I need and certain things I fear.

Needs:
  • My iPod. Obviously.
  • My Garmin Forerunner. I have only had this baby for three-ish weeks and I am officially in love. Knowing the exact distance I am running just might be the best thing in the world. Also, I am slightly addicted with checking my pace. Love it!
  • A headband. Erin gave me a couple really good ones for my birthday, so I usually go with those.

Fears:
  • Getting abducted during a run.
  • Geese. Just look at this picture, they are vicious.
  • Squirrels. This has actually been a fear of mine for a long time. Squirrels running on the ground don't worry me, but once they get up in the trees above me I cannot get the scene from Christmas Vacation out of my mind.

On a completely different note...

I have been on a reading kick recently. After I finished the Twilight series I hightailed it to the library, which is so much fun for me!

The first book I finished is Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison.

It is about two girls, Allie and Olivia, who were best friends all throughout their school years. They had a falling out their senior year and hadn't really spoken since then. Enter their 20 year High School Reunion. In short, the book is about them finding themselves, each other, and of course, a little romance! Overall, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it!

I am currently reading Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin.

I have been wanting to read this for awhile now, especially because I love her other books and Lydia has spoken so highly of it. I'm about halfway through and really, really like it. The past couple nights I've found myself staying up way too late just so I could get another chapter or two in.

And it goes without saying that I am pumped for the movie! Can't wait til May 6!

Oh! One last thing...

I went back to Accidentally on Purpose because that's what I've been since the beginning and it felt wrong to change it now. I just couldn't forget about Scatter Joy though, so that will be how I end my posts from now on.

Sound good? Well in that case...

Scatter Joy,

1 comment: