Monday, April 20, 2009

My Sunny Weekend

It is hard for me to write about the beautiful, sunny weekend I just had when it has been down pouring all day long. Spring...you are such a tease!

But, yes, my weekend was pretty amazing. I attribute it to the sun and to Nick.

Nick and I met because we were neighbors. I lived in the apartment right above him. So anytime I wanted to see him all I had to do was walk down a flight of stairs. The year after that we lived about ten minutes apart, so it was a big change from living 5 seconds away from each other, but still wasn't so bad. Well, ever since that lease ended, I have moved again and now we are about 20 minutes away. I know this doesn't sound so bad, especially to my sister who lives almost 2 hours from her boyfriend, but it is no fun. Nick and I have opposite schedules and really only get to see each other on the weekends.

Well, this was a Nick and Anna weekend for sure. Friday was a very low key night (ok, all of my nights are usually low key). But anyway, we played some hacky sack, as seen below. The guy who is half way in the picture is Nick's roomie, KJ.




Friday ended with us driving around aimlessly trying to find someplace to eat. We settled on Cheeseburger in Paradise and it was delicious. Their fries are little pieces of heaven.

Saturday was the best weekend day, hands down. The day started with some golfing and oh my gosh, that turned out to be embarrassing.

I have never been real golfing but Nick and I like to go to the driving range to work on our swings. Nick is actually really good. Me? Not so much. My golf swing is more like a softball swing, but that's what I get for playing softball my entire life. See?


Ready for the embarrassing part?

Well, there I was actually feeling pretty confident about the whole golf thing. Then it happened. I swung up and as the golf club was coming down it went flying out of my hands. It did about a million flips in the air and landed a good 40 or 50 yards out. My jaw just dropped and I was in complete shock and amazement. It seriously felt like I was watching it happen to someone else. Nick looked over, just as shocked as I was that I seriously just threw his golf club out onto the green.

The best part? The guy right next to me was an instructor and was in the middle of giving a lesson. Of course. As soon as it happened he shouted, "Whoa! Look at the distance on that thing!"
If it were up to me I would have left the golf club out there. But, apparently Nick is pretty attached to his 7 iron and ran out the 50 yards to go get it. He had to ask all of the people around us to stop swinging so he wouldn't get hit. Bless his heart.

It took me about ten minutes to even take another swing and when I did I had a death grip on the poor golf club.

Here is Nicholas, perfecting his swing, and of course, holding on to his golf club the entire time.


After the whole golf fiasco we decided to stop at his parent's house to pick up some frisbee golf disc things. Of course we had to jump on their trampoline while we were there.



Saturday night we went to BDubs to watch the UFC fight with Jackie and her Nick. The fight was very uneventful, but we all had a good time anyway.

Sunday was a great day too. After church my mom took Jackie and I to Frisch's for a chocolate cake type thing. She used to go there all the time and wanted to take us there for awhile now. It was amazing and chocolaty, just like she promised.

It makes me sad that my oldest sister wasn't there for it. Sometimes I wish I could pick her up and move her right back next to us. But, at least we still see each other a couple times a month.

I'm mad at myself because I did not take any pictures from Friday or Saturday night. Of course I remembered my camera when I looked like a bum, but not when I actually spent the time to do my hair and put makeup on. I'll try to do better in the future.

All in all, I had a really great weekend. I love spending lots of time with Nick and my family. And plenty of sunshine always helps. Here's hoping more sunshine is in our future!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend but bummed I didn't get to see you...

    Golfing is so fun, whether or not you are good or bad! Haha

    Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great golf story!! You made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO wish I was there to see it happen sister =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem like a really cool person and I love the natural flow of the way you write. I think I'm going to invest in having someone design my page too. Your blog looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete