Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I've got the Horse Bug

You know that girl in grade school who always had horse folders and binders, wore horse t-shirts, and constantly rambled on and on about horses? Well friends, in my school, that was me. Now, many many years later I still have the horse bug. And since this is my last quarter in college I knew I had to take a horseback riding class.

I just had my first class today and I am walking on air! I got to the barn a little early, so for about 15 minutes it was just me and about 25 horses. Heaven, I tell you. The instructor threw us right into it and I am happy to report I still remember so much (thank you, Saddle Club!) All we had to do today was halter, groom, and saddle a horse, but it was still an amazing class. My horse's name was Vienna and she was so sweet! Sigh.

After I left, I had Vienna hair all over my shirt and manure on my shoes but I seriously couldn't care less. I love the smell of leather and horses, yum! The next class we actually get to ride, so I cannot wait!


P.S. I totally realize how lame I sound. But I just cannot help it. I just feel sorry for my family who has had to listen to me ramble on and on about my love for horses all these years. Looks like its not stopping now!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you have an undying love for horses... Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can barely wait for the horse trivia and lessons to begin! ha!

    ReplyDelete